|35|I'm coming home|

| Jack |

Song: Paint You Wings - All Time Low

There's a knocking at my door. It's Ember, I just know it by now. I open it.

"The hell?" I ask and rub my eyes.

"The hell to you too, I couldn't sleep."

"Okay. What time is it?"

"7 am." She promptly replies.

"I'm proud of you."

"I'm leaving everything behind. Nothing is stopping me now. Just my life in Baltimore, that's the only thing I care about." I realise she's still in her pyjamas.

"We better get ready, plane is at 10." I smile.

"Okay." She hugs me and leaves. She's the sweetest sister ever. I throw on the only other clothes I bought with me, some blue jeans and a plain black tank top. I put on my hoodie too because I'm really cold.

Embers doing the right thing, forgetting everything else. She has her new life in Baltimore with me! (And Alex, of course.) I have a feeling they'll become really close now. Give it until christmas, and I think they'll be dating. Why do I want this though? I should be playing protective big brother! Uhm, because Alex is my best friend and Ember is my sister. I'm pretty sure they match. If not, they're fucked.

| Ember |

I run back into my room and put on my grey sweatpants that only go to my knee, yes, I bought them like this, but they look like they've been cut, and a white tank top with my leather jacket. I'm not really matching, but I'm tired. I was tossing and turning all night, thinking about yesterday.

I put my hair in a messy bun and make sure everything is packed.

Alex: Morning! I figured you might be up.

Me: Morning! I'm tired though.

Alex: I am too.

Me: you don't have to catch a plane in three hours! You could be asleep for all I care!

Alex: hehe, you're only jealous!

Me: yeah... I am. I'd rather be asleep too.

Alex: oh god I'm sick of sleeping aloneee!

Me: goofball! Backseat serenade, little hand grenade!

Alex: I have a feeling this is just gonna be song lyrics from now on.

Me: yeah... I gotta go now anyway, I'll see you later!

Alex: I'm picking you up from the airport!

It was nice to talk to Alex, he always makes me happy. I can't believe I was mad at him, what pissed me off in the first place, is honestly the right thing for me.

I'm messed up at times.

I put on my converse and and pack all of my things. I'm coming home!

Time for the 5 hour flight back to Baltimore. Fun. At least I'll have Alex to meet me.

"Let's go, Em." Jack pounds the door.

"Alright! I'm coming! You're giving me a headache!" I grab my bag, the key for the room and go outside, locking the door behind me.

"Did I give you a headache?" Jack pouts.

"Don't take the piss." I slap his chest, knocking the air out of him, and head straight to the elevator.

| Alex |

Ember and Jack are finally coming home! I know they've only been gone for two days, but the house is empty without them. Zack and Rian have been round for a while, but it's not the same without Jack. I guess I'm just so used to him being loud, arguing with Ember and making sexual jokes. I guess I miss Ember shouting at Jack, arguing with Jack and telling him off for making sexual jokes. It's been strange looking over in the seat next to me, expecting her to be there, reading a book or something, but she's not.

I throw on some old jeans and a sweater, before going downstairs. I hum quietly.

"Nice to see you too." Zack smiles, before taking a bite of the bar of chocolate.

"Was that on bottom shelf of the fridge by any chance?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Don't be here when Ember finds it's missing then. It's hers."

"Shit." He cringes. "It's nice anyway. I'll buy her one for her birthday to replace it." I shake my head. "You need to hide your spare key in a better place, by the way."

"Oh well. It's for when Jack, or me, is drunk and he forgot his keys."

"Most likely Jack." He adds. I nod and watch the show that he put on.

*

"Out now. I've gotta go to the airport to get them."

"Can I come?" He asks.

"The chocolate." I say simply.

"Yeah. Best not to be around when she finds out." He laughs and get in his car. I slip on some converse, grab my keys and go.

I can't be late. My bet is they're both tired and hungry. They're very similar sometimes. But Jack's not pretty, the only pretty he is, is pretty dumb, stupid and annoying. I can say that though because he's my best friend, anyone else and they'd take it seriously. I still would get a slap for it.

I sing along quietly to Blink-182 and stop at the traffic lights. I see Zack's car in front and he sticks his middle finger up to me. I laugh a little and do it back. He honks the horn, before turning a separate way.

____________________________________________________________

This was a bit of a filler.

So yeah.

Update soon!