|17|Guys Can't Take A Hint|

| Ember |

Song: Go To Hell, For Heavens Sake - Bring Me The Horizon

I dry off and put my dress back on. Ella told me everyone else will be coming soon. That's just great. I'd be happy with a small group of people. That's how I survived school. I check my phone.

Jack: Heya sis. Calmed down yet?

Me: no. Piss off.

At least my brother can take a hint. Unlike Alex. If a girl ignores you, you back off. Especially if you know you've made them mad.

Alex: Ember. I'm sorry.

Alex: Em, please answer me.

Alex: it was an accident.

Alex: please don't hate me.

Me: Alex. I can stay mad for as long as I want. Stop texting me! I'm with Ella.

Alex: oh. Okay. Sorry for bothering you.

I could just imagine his face dropping then. Sure I seem mean. But I have every right to be mad! It's his fault I have to move across the country and leave my friends.

"Ember, everyone's here!"

"I'm coming, Ell!" I shout and run down the stairs. "Heya, Mr Confident. I keep bumping into you." I tease Wynter.

"It's not a bad thing to be confident, my friend."

"I know. Wynter, I have something to tell you."

"Uhm, okay." I sit him down on the step and explain to him. "You can't leave."

"I don't want to either. But I promise you can visit."

"When?"

"I don't know. Whenever you want, just ask. If I'm not busy, book the flight." I smile at him. He hugs me.

"I will. You're not going yet. Just enjoy the last few days." He hugs me. "Let's go." He smiles and leads me downstairs.

"What have you been doing then?" Ash teases us. I shoot him a dirty look and go outside to Ella. The yard is quite full now. I wipe my sweaty palms on my dress.

"About time." Ella links her arm through mine, we walk to some chairs under a tree with lanterns hanging from the green branches. We talk for a while.

"Food, ladies." A guy says and hands us a paper plate with a burger on it. I'm not really hungry, but it would be rude not to take food from a hot guy. "From your dad, Ella."

"Oh." She smiles. "Sit."

"Yes m'am." He salutes her and sits next to her.

"Ember, this is my cousin, Ryan. Ryan, this is my best friend bitch, her name is Ember." She smiles. "Oh, and may I add, she's leaving me on in three days."

"Yes, that's me." I raise my hand. "I take the role of best friend bitch." Ryan laughs. "Oh, I told Wynter too." I say to Ella.

"Good. He deserved to know." Ryan sits there, drinking his beer quietly. I put my plate on the table. I'm really not hungry. Ella eats my burger. I swear to god, she should be the size of a house. She never stops eating.

"Oi, tank. I'm sure there's more." Ryan says to Ella. I laugh and she pouts. I high five Ryan and carry on laughing.

"I'm sorry, but how old are you?" Ella asks.

"I'm 24. I'm your cousin, how do you not know my age?"

"I know things about people I like." She says. I cringe. She just burned him. Yes, that sounds very mean girls, but it is appropriate.