Entry #8: Spencer's Side

Diana and I arrive fashionably late to the party in the commons. It was surprisingly hard to convince her that whatever you wear at this party might influence what people think of you the whole year. She wanted to wear jeans and a hoodie.

As we walk in, all I smell is vodka, beer, and weed. "Why does it smell like that in here? It's like clogging up my throat if that makes sense." Diana croaks.

"Well correct me if I'm wrong but, that's because you've never smoked anything."

"You're not wrong... Have you?"

I snort, stop in my tracks, and turn to Diana. "Of course. It comes with the job. If you wanna sell the stuff, you have to know how the stuff works. Is it strong enough? Will it last? How much does it cost? What state did it come from? There's a lot of thought that goes into it believe it or not."

"Hm." Casey replies. I lead her to a table with a game of beer pong on it. Tony and his brother, Leon, are going head-to-head.

"If I win, you have to let me use your car for the sch-school year! If I don't, I can wear whatever you want me to wear for the sec-second week of school." Tony challenges.

"Okay, bet." Leon and Tony spit on their hands and shake each other's very firmly. Leon looks at me. "Shit." He mumbles, "Hey Tony, this is going to have to wait. I gotta do something real quick."

"Hey, you know Tony, right? Play beer pong with him! Wait for me here" I say to Diana. I turn around to walk to the courtyard with Leon. We find a bench away from the earshot of anyone standing around.

*AN AWKWARD 5 QUIET MINUTES PASS*

"We need to fix whatever we had because I don't want it to go to waste." Leon breaks the silence with a very good point.

I think back to what Diana told me last chapter...

"Um, I guess if that person is serious about the relationship you guys have, then that person would want things to move at a steady pace. Maybe even slower, since said person would want to cherish the time that you two share... right? And I guess if he opens up more to you than to other people, then he's a keeper. Nonetheless, that's just my opinion."

"You know what? I just want to know where you were. All those nights where I was waiting for you in the movie theater, in your dorm, in the courtyard!"

Leon rubs his face multiple times. "My dad. He wanted me to do something. It wasn't for his principal shit. He wanted me to find someone, but it was at the same time that I was dating you. Someone by the name of Gloria Fox-"

I choked on air when Leon said that name. Gloria Fox. Diana Fox. "What did your dad want with that name?" My heart beats faster each second.

"He said something like 'She has something that I don't want her to have.' or something" Leon recalls.

"Oh great-" Then, in the corner of my eye, I see something shiny. It's moving in the air...
The item breaks through the window of the commons.

"Aaaaaaahh!" Someone yells and people start to race out of the commons. Leon and I look at each other and we run inside to see Diana passed out on the ground. Tony and Leon Rice kneel right next to her.

"Oh my- Tony and- and both Leons, get her out of here!" I yell. Leon Jr stops me.

"And where are you going exactly?" He looks into my eyes but looks away.

"I'm going to find that fucker and I'm going to destroy him." Leon's eyebrows snap together.

"Are you-"

"Yes, I'm sure." I touch his stubbled chin.

Leon Rice overhears me. "You're going to need this." She hands me his revolver and I take it willingly.

Leon Jr turns to me. "Make it back alive, please. We're not done with our talk." Leon Jr gives me a lopsided smile and carries an unconscious Diana out of the commons.

I pull back the hammer and walk towards where the bullet came from. I walk down the street next to the school and turn into an alleyway. It's pitch black and it doesn't help that my eyesight is absolutely horrible in the dark.

"You shouldn't have come here." A voice says in the dark. It's deep and coarse.

"Why? You just shot my friend. I had no choice but to come here."

"Spencer... I don't want you to get mixed up in... this." The voice speaks again.  How does he know my name? If he knows my name, then I should know this person. However, I don't know how Diana made an enemy that quickly.

"How do you know me? That's a stupid question but I'm still asking it." I demand.

"I've known you since you were a kid. You were practically my kid," I hear footsteps stalking towards me and I confidently lift the gun in my right hand, aimed at the vast darkness in front of me.

He takes the barrel in his hands and I pull the trigger. The person reels back and grasps his left bicep. He crumbles onto the floor. I pull the hammer back again and point it at the figure on the ground. He slowly gets up and reveals his face.

"Of course," I scoff. "Why did you shoot Diana yourself, Headmaster? You have the money to hire a professional assassin. Why do it yourself? Hm?" He says nothing and I start to get angry. "Answer the question." Silence. I pull the trigger and shoot at the floor, very close to his thigh.

"My conscience told me to. Is that what you want me to say? I already eliminated her mom. She's out of the picture. Nevertheless, I did find out that she knew that I was coming. She sent everything- I mean everything to Diana. About me. So, I needed to get rid of the love child. God, this has been on my ass for so long. I'm happy that I ended it. Well, tried to end it. Diana's still alive... isn't she?" I rubbed my chin several times and narrowed my eyes at the snipper.

"You got her right shoulder. She'll be fine. Unfortunately for you, Leon Sr?" Right as that left my mouth, I hear a stampede of footsteps coming my way.

"He's over here!"

"I heard a gunshot down this alleyway! Look alive, men!"

"Shit. You called in reinforcements?!" The headmaster reveals a pager in his hand and I run into the building on my left.

"An empty coffee shop. Hm."

The shop owner hides behind the counter and yells, "Go on and take all the money! Please don't hurt me!"

I put the revolver in my waistband and chuckle. "No, sir. I will not take your money. I will take a... caramel cappuccino with soy milk, please." I slap down a 10 dollar bill on the counter. The owner slowly stands up from under the table and looks at me with thanks.

"D-Do you want whipped cream?" He nervously smiles.

"No, thanks. Unless you have it in lactose-intolerant." I give him a smile and find a seat.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-: End of Entry :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Thank You for Reading!
Vote, Comment, and Share💋