Entry #7: Diana's Side

"Welcome to the Induction Ceremony! Many of you know me but in case you don't, My name is Leon Russel Senior and I'm the principal around here. Now..." the principal starts off his long speech. I don't plan to listen. I unlock my phone and start scrolling mindlessly through Instakilogram.

I stop my scroll to read something on a celebrity and the guy right next to me whispers, "Omg new dirt on Rim Rardashian! That's the real tea sis!" I smile and he smiles back. "I'm Tony Russel...the principal's son. Well one of the principal's sons"

"Diana Fox. It's my first year here."

He chuckles. "I could tell you were very reluct-reluctant when pulling out your phone 'cause you knew that you weren't going to listen. I've been to this cer-ceremony since I was a baby. At this point, I really don't care if anyone sees my phone out."

We talk 'til Mr.Russel Sr is done with his speech.

"Onto the induction! First up we have the Rice Gang! I've been friends with this gang my entire life! And it's so tear-jerking to see the gang passed to their heir to the throne. Please give it up for Leon Rice! Not to be confused with my son, Leon Russel Jr."

Everyone claps as Leon Sr gives her a certificate and a ...Marlboro case? I guess it's a rite of passage or somethin'. She says thank you and walks off the stage.

This goes on for about another 30 minutes. Then Spencer's name is called up. He rises from his chair and stands right next to Leon Russel Jr, who is handling the certificates. I don't think anyone else saw that Spencer grabbed Leon's hand and squeeze it. He must be nervous. But I didn't know they knew each other.

"And last but not least, Spencer Agenté. I can speak for all of us when I say, we were heartbroken when Mack, your father died. It was so sudden. I was especially hurt because once my dad passed the gang down to me, Oslo Panic was the first gang I ever traded with. Mack Agenté will always be with us and in our hearts." Leon Sr wept.

Spencer takes the certificate but declines the Marlboro case. "No thanks. Why would I need the case if I don't have the cigarettes?" He walks off the stage and releases a breath he was holding. Spencer walks out of the courtyard and Leon trails behind him.

After a couple more speeches are read aloud, a Senior talks into the microphone. "Party in the Building 2 commons!" Every student in the crowd cheers.

"Are you going to the party?" I ask Tony.

"Yeah! Of course! It's the perfect event to get your name out there and to make your presence known to other students! Since you're new, I personally think this is the party to go to. Make sure you wear something flattering. You gotta show that hot bod right?!"

I chuckle, "Yeah, okay! See you at the party then?"

"Yup! I'll probably be standing next to the spiked punch bowl." We both stand up from our seats and go separate ways.

I enter my dorm to see Spencer on my bed trying to solve my Rubix Cube!

"WhAT the Heck?" I yell. How the actual hell did he get in my dorm? He jumps out of his skin and falls off the edge of my bed.

"MY SHOULDER! Ahh, fuck dude! How is it always my shoulder?" Spencer cries.

"Maybe it's payback for breaking and entering! What do you want?" I help him up.

He sits back on my bed but doesn't answer. "Spence?"

"I heard you... How the fuck do you know if someone is serious 'bout you? I want your honest opinion on the matter."

I think for a while because I have never been in that sort of situation before. "Um, I guess if that person is serious about the relationship you guys have, then that person would want things to move at a steady pace. Maybe even slower, since said person would want to cherish the time that you two share... right? And I guess if he opens up more to you than to other people, then he's a keeper. Nonetheless, that's just my opinion." I spurt out.

"Hmm. Okay." He gets up and makes a beeline for my closet. "So, what are you wearing to the party?" Spencer cocks an eyebrow and sneers.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-: End of Entry :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Just a simple filler episode!

Shoutout to my friend, "Leon Rice"
Leon Rice is going to be popping in and out of episodes! See if you can notice all the cameos!

Thank You for Reading!
Vote, Comment, and Share💋