Entry #5: Diana's Side

That's so embarrassing! I had to be carried by the King of Edgewater to my dorm while I was unconscious. Wow, I really hate myself right now. However, how did I fall for what my mom said? She lied to me. To my face! She said that this was a fine arts academy, no questions asked. And I believed her.

I get up from my bed and wobble to the bathroom. A bruise starts to form on the side of my forehead. "Nnghhh..." That's a noice way of starting the year!

I walk out of the dorm and decide, "I'm gonna take a tour of the school because this place is huge and I didn't get a tour in the first place." I take the elevator down to the courtyard level and walk towards the big clock tower in the middle. "12:34?" It reads. Wait, 12:34pm already passed and it can't be am because it would be dark by now.

"It's been stuck like that for 8 years." I whip my head around to see a tall guy with luscious brown hair and piercing green eyes. He's probably an islander of some sort. Hawaiian perhaps? "What are you doing out of class?" He asked.

I quickly take out my schedule from my pocket and unravel it fast, ripping it in the process.
"Shit!" I mumble, "Um...I should be in homeroom right now..."

I look to the floor and immediately snap my head back up when I hear the school bell echo through the buildings. "Not anymore. I'm Leon Russel. I'm a senior." He extends  his hand so I can shake it and I do.

"I'm Diana Fox! I'm a junior." I think I'm going to say it... he's better looking than Spencer!

"Wait, if you're a senior...shouldn't have you been in class?"

"You caught me there! I can't deal with this place anymore! It's so... annoying."

He takes out a Marlboro pack and takes two cigarettes out. He hands me one but I decline. Leon slowly removes my hair from my face and put a cig behind my ear. I scoff and reach for the cigarette to take it out.

"It looks good on you... you should keep it there." He says. I pull out my schedule and look at what class I have next. Weapon Training... right. I look at all the assistant principals names and I see the Headmasters name.

Leon Russel Sr.

Before I could get even a word out he opens his mouth. "Yes... I am the Headmasters son. The oldest one at least," He takes out a lighter and holds the flame to the cigarette. "I have an younger brother named Tony, he's a junior. Are you new here? It seems like you never seen me before, let alone, this school."

I nod. He grabs my hand and leads me to building one. "We are going where exactly?"

"I'm taking you on a tour of the school! I know these idiotic people don't do tours but I'm a nice person."

We go through all of the buildings and he points out all of the special buildings and the out-of-order vending machines. "If you put a $1 bill into this vending machine and type in the number 69, it comes out with every single item! I was the one that reprogrammed it." Leon says with a smirk.

"Of course you were." I said.

ABOUT 30 MINUTES LATER.

"So that's the whole entire school in the eyes of Leon Russel Jr."

"Well thanks Leon, I appreciate it!" I say with a smile.

Leon stares at me for a while and narrows his eyes. "You have night classes, don't you?"

"Yeah... I do... I just found out today that I'm the product of a gang leader. And I'm so," I grit my teeth,

"grateful."

I look at his perfect face and he's lost in thought.

"Hmm...are you going to drop out of the night classes?"

"I'm not sure. I thought I wanted to but I also kind of made a pact with myself to find my father because he went to this school. Now I have one more clue that will lead me to him: he's a gang leader. Yay."

He chuckles. "Well. If anyone knows things about past students, it's the Headmaster. But, if anyone knows everything about past students, it's the Headmaster's oldest son: me. I'll help. It's the least I can do after listening to my problems during the tour. And also, I thank you for hanging out with a complete stranger. I needed to get away from my idiot friends for a while." He smiles.

"Thanks, Leon!" I hug him quick and turn around to go back from my dorm.

At least a got a tour.

He is so cute! Like cute-hot. Hot-cute? I don't know, but I do know that if I don't stop thinking about him, I might fall for him.

And that's okay.

I open my dorm
door and flop on my bed. Something falls from my ear and I realize I never took the cigarette down.

I see writing on the side of it and it says, "813-893-7612. Call me sometime." I smile and put it back behind my ear.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-: End of Entry :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I'm so relieved! I am almost done with school and I'm about to go on Summer Break! That means I'll definitely focus more on posting and writing more!

No question this chapter!

Thank You for Reading!
Vote, Comment, and Share💋