Chapter Three

Annabelle's P.O.V

We'd been driving for about 20 minutes or so before Ash put his hand on my thigh. I loved the way he smiled when I placed my hand over his and interlaced our fingers.

"You guys are so cute!" Luce exclaimed, from the backseat where she was laying on Calum's shoulder with his arm around her.

"Speak for yourself!" I laughed. "Don't have sex, you'll get pregnant and die!"

"Omg, you're so dramatic. We're cuddling not having sex." She laughed. Wiping tears from her cheeks she was laughing so hard. "God, I love you."

"I know you do. I love you too." I smiled.

She leaned back into Calum, and I squeezed Ashton's hand and looked out the window. Laying my head against the cold glass, I breathed as it soothed my headache to a dull roar. He's right. Today is going to be great because he's here. He's all I want and all I've ever wanted, and I know I'm a "popular" and I'm gorgeous and all that. But I wanted him to love my personality, not just my body. I wanted that emotional connection, not lust. I wanted him to love me, not lust me. And I think we're getting close. I closed my eyes and smiled, drifting off.

"Babe. Babe, wake up. We're here." I could feel Ashton shaking me slightly, I opened my eyes to have them soon be covered again.

"Ash, what are you doing?" I asked bringing my hands to the cloth that's covering my eyes.

"Don't worry, babe. It's a surprise. I've got you. Hold my hand." He said, placing his hand in mine interlacing our fingers, and guiding me away from the car.

I could feel the ground softening under my converse, sand? Are we on a beach? What is he planning? I need to stop over thinking things. I just need to hold his hand, follow, and listen to his instructions so I don't run into anything. We'd been walking in the beautiful silence when I heard the waves crashing against the shore. So it is a beach. I smiled and held his hand tighter in my own, and kept walking after him.

"Okay, we're here, you can stop walking, now." He said, standing front of me untying the bandana from my head. Surprise, Surprise that he used a bandana, we are talking about Ashton after all. And he covered my eyes with his hands, and led me forward a few feet before completely uncovering my eyes.

I fluttered my eyes open, and took in the sight in front of me. A candlelit walkway with rose petals down the middle, that lead to a message drawn into the sand. "Belle, you're just as beautiful as your name. Homecoming or Nah? ;)"

"Omg...Ashton. This is-"

"Cheesy? Terrible? Stu-"

"Perfect." I smiled, taking both his hands in mine. "It's perfect. Yes, of course."

"You're so beautiful..." He said. Leaning down to press his lips softly against mine.

"Thank you." I blushed, after we had both pulled away.

"GET A ROOM!" We heard Calum and Luce yell simultaneously.

We all walked off down the beach, Ashton and I trailed slowly behind, with his arm around me and my head on his shoulder.