Chapter Thirteen

Luce's P.O.V

        I haven't seen my best friend in months, we Skype every night just like we used to. This Kayla girl seems like such a sweetheart it's insane, I can't wait to meet her when I fly out to New York for Spring break. I rolled over and remembered how different things have been since Belle left, I moved in with Calum and Ashton, I've been going to a nice university by their apartment, and I'm studying to get my medical degree, so far I'm on the right track my GPA is a 4.0; highest in the Freshman class.

        "Good Morning, baby." Calum muttered, throwing his arms around me.

        "Good Morning, sleepy head." I said, kissing his forehead.

        I laid in his arms for a good half an hour before I needed to get up and go to work. Calum insisted that I didn't have to work that he had enough money to support the both of us, but it wasn't about the money. It helped me get away from my thoughts for a few hours while he was at the studio. It was better than staying home alone.

        "Babbeeee, please don't leave." He whined, tightening his grip around my waist.

        "You need to get ready too, loser." I said, grabbing the container of whip cream off my nightstand. "I will spray you with this."

        "I thought you put that away after we finished our sundaes?"

        "I thought we might've needed it for something else." I winked, spraying a little onto his nose and darting out of the bed.

        "You're lucky you're cute." He sighed, taking his shirt off to reveal his toned body.

        "Shit man.." I mumbled under my breath.

        "I'm gonna get in the shower, I'll see you after work?" He asked, crossing the room to wrap his arms around me.

        "Of course." I replied and pressed a kiss to his lips that both signaled a goodbye and an "I love you."

        Throwing a quick glance at the clock I realized I needed to leave, throwing on a simple black dress with lace sleeves, and putting my long hair into a high ponytail I grabbed my keys and climbed into my car. I was more than a little distracted that morning, my thoughts were racing, my head was spinning, and I lacked focus in the one place I needed it to be, on the road. I wasn't texting or anything but I wasn't focused on the road, and at the break of dawn with splashes of pink and orange across the sky, all I remembered was the headlights of a car speeding towards me...

I am so sorry, but holy cliffhanger! I'm taking this story off hold and I'll try to update more frequently, thank you so much for commenting, voting, and reading. It really means a lot you have no idea. I love you all so very much.