Chapter 10

Jade's POV

When Vega kicks my chair, I swear to god I'll skin her alive. I turn around and give her one of my death glares, but I quickly turn around because I see Sikowitz climbing in through the window, sipping one of those coconuts of his and he yells "WHO'S READY TO PLAY ALPHABET IMPROV!" Shit! I know what he's gonna do, but I'm just hoping to see if I'm wrong. "Jade and Tori, please come here. You two will be our two actors" he said pleasantly with a grin on his face.

We'd played this game a few times before. It's that where you have to have an improvised conversation with the other actors on stage, but you have to each use one letter of the alphabet in order. I simply hate it. The first time we played it, Vega kissed Beck. I was so freaking mad I poured coffee on her head, but he was my boyfriend back then and I didn't know how to keep my jealousy under control.

Vega and I were both on stage now. "The scene can be about anything you want!" Sikowitz says "Starting now!"

"Are you nervous?" Vega starts

"Because of what exactly?" I say

"Cause we're about to tell our friends something really important" Vega says

"Don't you think I know that" I say getting a little bit more nervous than I already am

"Even though it's hard Jade, we have to tell them. It's only fair for them to know" Vega says

And I think I see her choke a little. She must be really nervous. I look at the audience and our friends and classmates are mumbling to each other, obviously trying to figure out this is about, but our teacher is just smiling. He clearly thinks this is some kind of amusement. Suddenly, I start to freak out just a little. This is so not normal; Sikowitz sure does like torturing people.

"Fair is so not what we need right now" I manage to say

"Gosh I really don't want to do this" She says throwing her arms up in frustration

"How do you suppose we do it then Vega?" I say to her and turning myself to face her and crossing my arms

"I don't know Jade!" She screams

"Just calm down Tori, we can do this." I say putting a gentle hand on her shoulder. For some unknown reason, I kinda feel tingles when I make contact with her, but I just ignore that and try to stay calm.

I look around the room and several people, including some of our friends have a weird look on their faces, but I realize that their faces are like that because I called Vega Tori, and I've never done that. Ever

"Kinda hard to do" She says, but a little more calm this time

"Let's just do this quickly and get this over with" I say removing my hand from her shoulder, but song taking her hand in mine

"Man I hate this school" She says freaking out again

"Nobody will act any different to us after we tell them. I hope" I say taking a deep breath

"Oh god why!" She says

"Please promise that none of you will see us any different than you see us right now" I say

Everybody in the room gets that this is kind of a serious situation, and they all nod in response.

Tori's POV

I can't believe Sikowitz is really making us do this. I am freaking out man! When he came in from the window and screamed "WHO'S READY TO PLAY ALPHABETH IMPROV?" I just knew that this wasn't going to end well. And here we are in front of the whole class, almost exposing that Jade and I are a "couple". I don't understand why Sikowitz had to make us tell everybody this way; he is such a creep sometimes. And here I am, making a fool of myself, trying not to freak out more, while Jade does all the talking, though I'm glad she's doing it, cause I'm so nervous I could seriously faint right now.