13. Emmett

“Rose? What are you doing?” I demand in a shaking voice.

               “Don’t you want me, Henry?” she purrs.

               “Rose! This is wrong! WRONG! Get off me!” I yell.

               “Can you resist Henry? Can you honestly tell me you don’t want me?” she asks, a coy smile on her face.

               “Hell yes! Get off me!” I push her off me, maybe a little more forcefully than I should have. She falls to the floor, a hurt look on her face.

Oh great! I hurt her feelings?!

Just then the door bangs open, and Emmett and dad stand in the doorway, worried looks on their faces.

               “We heard a thud...Rose?” Emmett asks, confused.

Oh crap!

               “Hen? What happened?” dad asks quietly.

               “Long story, dad,” I whisper back.

He nods his head. He totally knows what just happened. How could Emmett not know? Any conversation above a whisper can be heard throughout the house!

And I can see the cogs work in Emmett’s head. He glances swiftly between me and the hurt Rose on the floor. From my scared face, to her forlorn one. Both our outfits disheveled a little. And then it clicks.

Before I have the time to curse to myself, Emmett has his hand around my neck, slamming me into the wall. And unlike the rest of my family, I need air! And having Emmett’s massive hand around my oesophagus is not helping one freaking bit!

               “Emmett!” I yelp as wrapping my own hands over his, trying to pry his cold, rock fingers from around my neck.

Dad slams into Emmett knocking him back. I collapse onto the floor, gasping for breath. I take a second to ground myself before leaping in between Emmett and dad. With the commotion, everyone comes running into the room. It takes a few seconds before Edward and Jasper have Emmett on the opposite end of the room.

Rose remains on the floor, her eyes wide with horror and humiliation.

               “Leave. Now!” she demands everyone.

I can see everyone shoot her looks as if she’s mental.

               “I said leave!” she snarls, baring her teeth.

Thinking better than to defy an angry Rose, all of us quickly file out of the room. Her rock hard hand encloses around my arm, stopping me. “Not you!” she whispers ominously.

Emmett growls at this and remains by the door, his fists clenched. Dad hesitates by the door, his eyes on Emmett.

               “I’ll be fine dad,” I whisper.

He nods his head reluctantly but complies, closing the door behind him. Rosalie turns towards me, a murderous glower on her face.

               “You. Didn’t. Tell. Me!” she whispers threateningly.

               “Tell you what?” I sigh in frustration.

               “That you aren’t my freaking mate!” she screeches. Yup...there really wasn’t a point clearing the room, was there? It’s not like all the vampires in town won’t hear her!!

               “What was I supposed to tell you?! You’re my freaking grand-aunt?!” I demand savagely, gnashing my teeth in frustration.

               “That might have helped! What if you couldn’t resist me?!” she shrieks, looking beside herself. Rose is pretty, don’t get me wrong. Okay, pretty isn’t the right word. Rosalie is the embodiment of beauty. But not at the moment. Right now, she looks like an escaped mental patient.

               “Geez! You aren’t my type, Rose!” I mumble, rolling my eyes.

               “Like grandfather, like grandson,” dad murmurs from the other side of the door, to the general amusement of Bella, Jazz and Alice.

Rosalie’s eyes reduce to slits, and for a second I fear for my life. But thankfully, seeing as she regained her memories, she remembers she likes me too much to kill me...now, anyway. She tosses her hair and swoops from the room, murmuring savagely to herself.

I sink onto my couch, closing my eyes. Gosh!

Emmett clears his throat and my eyes fly open. I completely forgot Emmett was in here.

               “Em? What are you gonna do?” I ask, my voice a little higher than I would have liked. Yes, I’m terrified!

Emmett suddenly lunges for me, knocking the entire couch over. He has me pinned under him, his hand around my neck again.

               “Nothing happened!” I moan.

               “I know! And that’s why I’m going to kick your ass!” Emmett snarls.

               “Hold on!” I shout, kicking him in the face. Emmett releases me in shock and I huddle up on the opposite corner of the room. “You’re mad I resisted?” I demand, utterly and completely confused.

               “Yes!” he answers, his face still hard.

               “What?!”

               “By resisting you made Rose sad! And that’s why you deserve an ass whopping!” he explains, suddenly calm.

Oh my god! I’m surrounded by buffoons!