10. Memories

"You look pissed off," Bella calls as she walks past me.

"Gee? You think? Maybe it had to do with the fact that I couldn't sleep a wink last night!" I mutter, grinding my teeth together.

"Why?" Bella asks obliviously.

"Are you deaf or did you just not here Alice and Jazz go at it all night?!" I ask in frustration.

"Believe me, the whole house heard. But Hen, don't say a thing! I don't want you to embarrass Jazz!" Bella warns, walking down the stairs.

Yeah, we all know how bad it would be to embarrass the poor boy! Note the sarcasm!

I slump down the stairs and sink on my chair at the dining table. I sigh loudly rubbing my temples. My head is pounding!

"Are you alright honey?" Esme calls from the kitchen, fixing me breakfast.

"Yes, I'm fine!" I sigh from behind my hands.

Seconds later, Esme has my breakfast on the table waiting for me. I gobble it down, give Esme a peck on the cheek and head to the garage. Jazz is lying on the bonnet of the Porsche and Alice is pressed against him. The two of them seem to be whispering quietly to each other, kissing every so often.

I glare at them as I stalk past, climbing into the Volvo. Jazz and Alice pull apart, smile at each other and climb into the two separate cars.

I wave goodbye to Bella as she pulls out of the garage, slowly. Bella drives like my grandmother! Oh wait...she IS my grandmother, isn't she?

I trail behind her for a few moments before my impatience takes control, I step on the gas and overtake Bella easily. Bella, Rose, Alice and Nessie always ride together, while I'm stuck with the guys.

Jazz sits in front beside me, staring out his window.

"So? Somebody got busy last night..." Emmett chortles from the back seat.

"Shut up, meathead!" Jazz murmurs softly.

"So? What was it like?"

Jazz ignores him as dad, Edward and Emmett begin a rapid discussion on the female anatomy. At least they're finally old enough for this.

"Come on, Jazz! What's she like in bed?" Emmett whines.

"Shut the hell up Emmett!" Jazz suddenly explodes.

The entire back region of the car goes silent while Jazz fumes in front. Once we pull up at the school parking lot, Jazz lays a hand on my arm, stopping me from leaving. Once the other three clowns are out, he turns towards me sombrely.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Excuse me?! I should be the one asking! I told you; QUIET!" I glower.

"I don't mean that Henry!" Jazz breathes, frustrated.

"Then what do you mean?" I ask, sinking back into the chairs.

"I want to know how it happened!" he demands.

"How what happened?!" I sigh in frustration. Man, it's like we're speaking different languages! n"Aren't you old enough by know to know how...sex happens? You know...when a guy and a girl really love each other-"

"Henry Charlie Cullen!" Jazz exploded.

"Bloody hell! You remember?!" I exclaim in shock.

"Every single thing! How in the high heavens did I become a baby?!"

"Afton," I murmur soundlessly.

"And the others don't remember a thing?" he demands again.

"Seriously Jazz, we don't know! It sure seems like they don't! But you remember...maybe when you are full grown? If that's the case dad and Emmett will be the next to remember," I muse.

"This is messed up!" he finally huffs, running his hands through his hair.

"I know! Believe me...try looking after all of you monsters!" I retort.

"Thank you," Jazz mumbles.

"Yup. I figure I owe you guys," I murmur as I open the door.

Jazz and I head of to our homerooms, and the rest of the day ends with me spacing off. And thanks to my rotten luck, every time I zone out, the teacher will inevitably call me to answer the questions. The first few times I blurted out the first things that came to mind, much to the amusement of my classmates. Then I learnt my lesson and picked the answer out of the teachers head. How I love Edward's little ability.

The moment the school bell lets out, I dash for the parking lot. I need to find out if dad or Emmett have regained their memories! At least now I know it's possible! I have to tell Carlisle.

I get to the car only to find Edward talking to mum. I smile and walk closer. Soon I'm close enough to hear them, and I think I may have let my mouth hang open in shock.

"Nessie? Did you hear? Jazz and aunt Alice got together last night!" Edward murmurs, his face shocked.

"I heard...isn't that wrong?" mum asks quietly, looking a little troubled.

"Maybe it isn't?" Edward ventures. "I mean, Hen and Bella are basically an item too, right?"

I think I may have chocked a little at this point, but the two of them didn't notice me.

"I guess you're right about that," mum admits.

What the freak?! How are Bella and I an item?! She's my grandmother! THAT's wrong!!

"So...maybe we could go out for a drink?" Edward suggests, looking uncharacteristically nervous.

"As in a date?"

"Yes...but if you don't want to-"

"I'd like that," mum whispers, grinning.

Oh what the f-?!