22. The End

The wedding march!

How I despise it! I mean, why does everyone play the wedding march at weddings? Why cant they try some other tune?! I’ve been alive for 50 odd years and I have never, ever heard another song played during a wedding

Shut up, Henry! Edward voice resounds through my head.

               “Sorry,” I mumble back.

I admit it, I’m in a crappy mood. But that’s only because it’s been an insanely long 48 hours. It’s not like this is the first time Edward and Bella are getting married!

I haven’t been allowed to sleep for the past two days on account of having to do the decorations, send out the invites, and hammer out the most minor, insignificant details!

God!

And now, Bella is taking her own sweet time to get ready! I mean seriously! She’s a vampire, with vampire speed! Don’t tell me it takes more than 4 hours for her to get ready! Rose and Alice are helping her for Pete’s sake! That’s three vampires!

               “Shut up!” Edward hisses once more, a prominent scowl on his face.

I merely stick my tongue out at him and focus on the wedding march, trying to figure out how I might be able to make some adaptations to it for the next wedding within the family.

***

An hour later, Bella steps onto the little red mat that would lead her to her soon-to-be-yet-already-is husband.

She looks stunning, no doubt, but 5 hours? Really?

Does anyone realise that I happen to be a hybrid, who does in fact need to rest my legs every once in a while, oh and I don’t know...perhaps sleep once every 24 hours?!

               “I swear, if I hear another sour thought in your head, I will make sure you are incapable of thoughts for the rest of the ceremony,” Edward threatens under his breath, so soft I’m pretty sure nobody else heard him.

               “If you don’t like my thoughts, perhaps you should stay out of my head?” I suggest tersely.

               “Edward is physically incapable of keeping his nose out other people’s heads,” dad whispers to me from my other side.

Edward rolls his eyes and shifts his attention back to Bella, who’s walking slowly, matching the beat of the blasted wedding march.

***

               “Why do you look so crabby?” Rose asks as she gracefully sinks into the empty seat beside me.

               “Hmm? Nothing. I naturally enjoy watching all the happy couples dance. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside,” I murmur sarcastically.

               “We really need to find you a mate, Henry!” she chimes as she ruffles my hair. “By the way, I think the strawberry blond on the other end of the room is checking you out,” she whispers before stepping back onto the dance floor with Emmett.

***

               “Henry?!” mum shouts from downstairs, making me jump up in surprise. What happened? I was just at Edward and Bella’s wedding!

               “Hen?! Are you awake boy?” dad calls up the stairs, even louder than mum.

               “I am now,” I mutter too myself.

I slowly walk down the stairs, and the smell of pancakes has me so incredibly tempted.

               “Hey bedhead,” Jazz greets from the sofa where he and Emmett are watching a football game.

I nod my head in acknowledgement, still too sleepy to reply. I sit down at the dining table and start scarfing down the pancakes while mum and dad watch me evenly.

               “Are you okay?” mum finally asks, once I’m done eating.

               “Tired, but yeah. How did I get to my room by the way?” I ask stifling a yawn.

               “You walked up last night?” she answers a little unsurely.

               “I don’t remember,” I mumble, scratching my hair. “It was like one minute I was at the wedding and the next, I was waking up,” I continue.

               “What wedding?” mum asks, curiosity evident on her face.

               “Edward and Bella’s?” I murmur in a bored whisper. “Are you okay, mum?”

               “Hon, I think that was your dream,” mum explains patiently.

Just as I’m about to argue with her about trying to prank me, Edward’s agitated thoughts drift towards me.

“Do you smell that?” Edward asks suddenly. My head whips up and I take a gentle sniff. He’s right...honey, lilacs, lavender...a vampire!

No! This has happened before!

“Who is it?” I don’t recognise the scent, but maybe he does.

The words leave my mouth on their own accord. No way all that had happened in the last couple of years were a vision of the future! It’s unheard of! How can a vision last so long?!

And then, just like in...the past, Edward dashes out. Instinctively, I follow him. We run, the others run. Everything is happening just like I saw it.

For some strange reason I can’t bring myself to warn them. The words simply won’t leave my mouth. It’s as if I’m stuck in a loop. No!

Then Afton steps out. Words are exchanged. And again, my mind works on its own. My head is too busy trying to wrap itself around what is going on.

The next thing I know, I’m crashing into a bolder. Bella smacks into me. In the next instant I’m up again, chasing after Afton. But by this point. I know what’s happened. No! No! No!

Bella screams, and Afton taunts me. I go flying into another boulder, but I had already expected it.

The next time I open my eyes, everything is still going as it was before. The same bloody thing! Bella checks on me. Baby cries are in the background.

We walk down the stairs.

Boom Bam; the explanation takes place.

Oh God!

That was just a freaking warning?!

I was wrong when I said FML the last time!

That was just the tip of the ice burg!

Fark!!!!!!!!