Chapter 15- The Day Off

After our rankings for stage 1, we had today and tomorrow off. We could do anything we wanted. This will be fun.

Rankings took place around lunch, so after they were announced, we all went to the cafeteria to eat. Because all of my friends, even the transfers, made it, we all sat together to laugh and share stories. Christina and Will sat on my right while Lynn sat on my left. Uriah and Marlene sat across from me with Al. We all laughed telling stories about mishaps with knife throwing and zip lining. Christina told us about when she first met Four. All of the transfers seem to be scared of him, but not me. Maybe it is his relationship with Zeke, but I feel comfortable around him all the time. I was lost in my thoughts when someone said, "Right, Tris?"

I replied, "Uh, yeah" and they all burst out laughing. Apparently that was the wrong answer.

"So," Uriah began. "Let's meet in the training room in an hour to devise a plan for the day off. Sound good?" He asked. Oh, so they were planning our day off. I wonder what I may have accidentally agreed to.

"Okay. The girls and I are going shopping." Christina said with a squeal.

Lynn choked on her green beans. "I think I'd rather stab myself with a dull knife, then drink a bottle of acid." Lynn said. We all laughed at Lynn's analogy.

"Okay, while you stab yourself and drink acid, Chris, Tris, and I will be shopping." Marlene said with a grin. I didn't have time to object before they dragged me from my seat and pulled me into the Pire. Before we went out the door, I turned to Uriah and mouthed Shoot me. He laughed and ate more chocolate cake, leaving me to fend for myself. He's such a great brother.

The first store we went into was a makeup store.  I usually don't wear any because it takes too long and smudges. Occasionally I will let Marlene do it, thought. Before I could even say "Dauntless," Christina had me in a chair and makeup was in her hand.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold it!" I said, guarding my face.

"Oh, come on just a little." Christina whined.

"Pleaseeeee." Marlene begged. I noticed that they would stop at nothing until I wore makeup so I said, "Fine" and surrendered to their will.

I ended up with eyeliner and mascara because I protested almost everything else. They painted my nails jet black. They each did their own makeup and paid for everything.  After that we left the store and went to a clothing store.

Somehow Christina and Marlene persuaded me to buy a tank top that shows my tattoos and some skinny jeans. How they did it, I don't know. I drew the line at a little black dress.

"No." I stated.

"Just try it on." Christina argued.

"No."

"Fine!" Christina threw her hands up and tossed the dress onto a nearby chair.

"Let's just get this stuff and go meet the boys." Marlene says. We all use our credits to buy the stuff. We run back to the dorm to change into our new clothes. Then we meet the boys.

When we walk in, 3 jaws drop. Uriah stutters, "Wow, Tris. You look different. It's a good different. And Mar... You look amazing. And so do you Christina." The other two boys nod in agreement. Lynn saunters in a few minutes later. "So, what's the big plan." She asks.

"Well, we haven't thought that far ahead." Will replies.

Lynn, Christina, and Will bicker about how we should spend our day off while Uri and I wander over to a pile of mats. I grin then kick my feet up into a handstand. Of course,  being the brother that he is, Uriah shoves my legs over, and I collapse onto the mat. Uriah gets up and does a handstand, then kicks over standing up. He smirks at me, challenging me. I rise to the challenge.