~Josh~

/•- Day of Hometown Show -•\

I wake up to the sound of Tyler snoring, he must be so stressed about tonight, even more than I am. It's 1:30pm and we've over slept, probably because we didn't get back from the lake until late in the evening.

I bounce my eyes over to Tyler and his arms are covering the top of his head and his legs are curled up. He's throw off his covers, despite it being freezing. His mouth is slightly ajar and you can just about see the bottom row of his crooked teeth. Tyler has always been an awkward sleeper, an awkward person, in fact. But there's something about his face when he sleeps, it looks uneasy and restless, yet tired and distorted at the same time. I decide not to wake him and just wait for a few minutes.

Minutes later I get tired of waiting for him to wake up and wake him up myself.

"Tyler..." I shake his shoulder gently. He lets out an eerie groan.

"Tyler you need to get up, its almost lunch and we need to meet mark and the rest of the crew at the venue." I say louder, to make sure he can hear me.

"Our hometown show?" Tyler asks sitting up.

"Well yeah, it's today." I say softly, taking a step back. Tyler slowly gets up and walks downstairs, with me trailing behind him.

"Morning." He yawns to his mom, grabbing a piece of plain toast and sitting down on the counter. I stand beside him, because sitting on other people's counter tops is not something I would do.

"More like the afternoon!" His mom jokes.

"Aren't you hungry?" Tyler says, with a mouthful of toast.

"Nah." I say simply.

"So when are you boys going down to the venue?" Tyler's mom asks, shooing Tyler off the counter.

"Round about three, we want a few hours to catch up with mark and all." Tyler says, wallowing his final bite of toast and wiping it along his shirt.

"Remember, no more climbing Tyler!" She says, I can't tell whether or not she was joking. As she faces away Tyler sticks his tongue out at her, but somehow she still manages to see it in the corner of her eye.

" I saw that Mister Joseph!" She smiles, playfully smacking his leg with a cloth.

"I'm gonna take a shower, so do you want one after me or...?" Tyler asks , tilting his head to the side a little.

"I had a shower last night, so I'll just get dressed." I say.

" Okay," he replies as we walk up the stairs.

"Remember your luggage is under my bed!" Tyler shouts from the bathroom.

"I remembered!" I shout back, grabbing the first shirt I see, along with some black skinny jeans.

I'm dressed within 2 minutes, so I sit patiently in the couch for Tyler to come out of the shower.

After about another 2 minutes Tyler comes into his room, already dressed but his hair dripping wet.

"Shall we go?" Tyler asks enthusiastically.

"It's only 2:00 Tyler, we've got another hour yet!" I chuckle darkly.

"Suppose so." He says sitting beside me. There's something different about Tyler, his happiness is more complete than normal, almost as if there's nothing to bring him down. I'd like to say it's just the excitement for tonight, but it something else.

Yesterday we had the greatest time, I don't think I even saw Tyler frown. He's a whole different person, a lot happier person. And I wish he would stay like that, forever.