Forge in Darkness ~Tyler~

I sat there, crying in Josh's arm for what seemed like hours. Neither of us got much sleep. Not because we couldn't, I was just too scared, and Josh didn't want me to get worst than I already was.

Luckily, only Josh heard my scream, the rest of my family are deep sleepers and they could sleep through a storm.

"Can you promise not to tell anyone about..." I pause for a second. "My dream?" I whisper.

"I promise Tyler, and don't worry things are gonna get better, no one should have to live like this."

Josh's words echo through me,'no one should have to live like this...'

No one should, but why do we? Why do we live like this? I look at my alarm clock, it's 4am. I open my curtains and the snow is slowly dusting the rooftops with white. 'Just like the night I tried too kill myself' I think.

"Josh?" I ask, not sounding as sad as I did a few hours ago.

"Can we go for a walk?"

"Like,now?" He asks, turning his head a little.

"Well...yeah." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ok, but let me grab some shoes and a jacket." He smiles, reacting better than I expected.

We're still in our clothes from yesterday, neither of us could be bothered to get undressed. I grab my black vans and my Group Love hoodie and head for the front door.

"Ready." Josh smiles walking behind me.

I open the front door and step onto a thin layer of snow, I take a breath full of the icy air and close my eyes soothingly taking baby steps away from my house.

"How about the woods?"Josh says, breaking the silence.

"Uh-huh." I reply. Gazing up into constellations of stars, I begin to wonder, 'how long can I go on like this?' I shake my head, ' shut up' I tell myself. I can't go like this, I need to tell Josh.

We get to the woods, and I decide I've got to talk to him, about something, anything.

"I feel different Josh." I say turning my head to him.

"How?" He asks, turning his head back to me.

"Because now...I'm ready to die."