Silent In The Trees ~Josh~

I look over at Tyler, his eyes red, swollen and bloodshot from crying almost 4 hours straight.

"What?" I ask him again, even though I knew exactly what he meant. He wants to go on, but he doesn't care if he is to die.

"I want to go on, but I don't mind if I have to die." he said exactly what I thought he was going to say.

"Why?" I ask, carrying on with my one word questions.

"It's hard staying alive for someone, but it's easier saying 'I'll die for you'." I nod my head, Tyler's right, as usual.

We continue walking, gazing into the sky waiting for the sun to rise. And when I think he'll want to go home soon, Tyler comes to a halt. He looks up at a tree. He gives me a mischievous smile but his eyes are still forlorn.

"You want to climb that?" I say, pointing my finger to the top of the tree sounding overdramatic. Tyler nods his head still admiring the tree.

Everyone told Tyler to stop climbing because he'll just get hurt, but I think it's one of the only things that help him escape from all of this.

"You coming?!" Tyler shouts already halfway up.

"Right behind you!" I shout back, grabbing onto a branch and hoisting myself further up.

When we reach the top we sit on a thick branch and swing our legs back and forth.

"HHHEEEELLLLOOO!!" Tyler screams out in the open. I give him a look telling him he's creeping me out.

"What?" He smiles innocently, "I want to know if there's anyone else out there, to know that I'm not the only one feeling insane."

" You're---" I'm interrupted by a suspicious rustling in a bush below us.

"You here that?" Tyler gulps,lowering his voice.

"Hello? Anyone there?!" I shout.

I get my phone and shine it's torch directly underneath us. And all of a sudden a large figure pounces out.

"What is?" Tyler asks.

"I don't know. Too big for a human, too small for a bear, that only leaves us with a dee-" Tyler cuts me off.

"A deer!" he shouts, scaring it off.

"I'll catch you one day!" He shouts shaking his fist in the air. I look at him and we both start laughing hysterically. And for a split second, everything was perfect.