Chapter 3: Power Within The Heart

...

...

...

"...ou're telling me he heard someone talking to him, and he just collapsed?"

"Y-Yeah. He said that this voice was the same one he heard when he was asleep. But apparently, it was talking to him, and he passed out."

"Hmm...well, it looks like you two are going to be in quite the pickle. If Mario does share the connection of this dark energy source...then something must have triggered that connection."

"But is Mario going to be okay? That's all I'm asking."

"He should be. It looks like it only made him exhausted. Just give him some time, and he'll come to, boy. Just wait."

Mario could hear the sound of Luigi and another voice above him, but he couldn't open his eyes or even move. It felt as if he was paralyzed. He wanted to let them know that he was okay, but...what exactly happened to him? He couldn't remember anything, except for talking to him about his dream. Did that voice...erase his memory of what happened to him?

Regardless, he heard Luigi and the other voice talk again.

"So, about that dark energy, what is it...?" Luigi asked.

"Oh, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw it myself! Who ever knew only one orb could carry so much negativity."

'A dark orb'...?' Mario thought.

"Hmm...now that you mention it when Mario was sleeping on the couch last night...he said these weird things in his sleep.."

Mario could hear the uncertainty in his voice, as he seemed shocked. He was talking in his sleep, and it was about this energy?

"Well, what did he say?"

"H-He, um...said, 'When fate turns its back on you, you fight for your life. Darkness shall spread upon the world, and bring everyone dispair and ruin. Light shall be cast aside for all eternity and darkness shall find a pawn to control'.

I think...Mario was talking about...himself."

'I-I said all of that?' Mario was now starting to have fears about what could happen. It looks like he was right. Him and this dark energy really did have a connection to each other. A pawn to rule. Is the darkness...trying to take control of him? No, he won't let that happen. He won't let it hurt anyone, or his little brother. He swears it on his life. He'll do anything it takes to keep everyone and everything safe.

"Luigi! I think he's waking up!"

Mario didn't even feel his hand twitch, but it was definitely a sign to them. He moved a around a little and he groaned a little as he slowly opened his eyes. He was laying on his back on the grass and he saw the relieved looks of Luigi, and professor E.gadd himself.

"A-Are you okay bro?" He asked as he gently grabbed his arm, and helped him sit up.

"I'm alright." He said as he put his hand on his forehead. "What happened to me?"

"You said something about hearing this voice and when you tried to find it, you just fell over." Luigi explained. "Don't you remember?"

"I only remember telling you about my vision." He said. He then slowly stood up as he held onto Luigi for balance. He then looked down at E.gadd. "How did you find us?"