Chapter Ten

"Don't worry about anything Sara, just go with the flow," Gray advice and pushed me, gently, down the narrow hall.

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I said raising a brow, stopping on tracks.

"Be good and try not to bite anyone's head off," he said like he was talking to a kid about how bad it was to bully the other kids and play nice and blah, blah, blah.

"I do not bite people's heads off," I said defensively crossing my arms over me chest.

"Now you won't, if I hadn't warned you only God knows what you'll do to any of them," he was so serious when he said that it actually gave the opposite effect on me.

I rolled my eyes and caught sight of the dessert table! With those cute tasty lil' cakes, chocolate and sweets.

"Yeah, sure whatever," I said absently and walked off the table.

Ah, cakes I had an obsession with 'em. I smiled to myself; there were tarts, croissants, sundaes and my favorite mousse au chocolat.

I've always had a sweet tooth but I never much grew fat, I did have a few cavities but that was when I was six or seven and I was too lazy to brush my teeth after eating sweets. Then again that never stopped me from still eating.

Guess that's also the reason why my friends used to call me "Chocó".

My plate was full of chocolate goodness and I was taking a bite on one of them when I hear someone.

"Hello, Blondie," The person whispers into my ear. The smell of wine and something else fills the air; I could really gag my guts out at the person right now (the smell of alcohol is really disgusting and it makes me absolutely sick)

"I do have a name you know," I turn and hiss at the person, momentarily forgetting what I had promised Gray a moment ago.

The wine-smelling flirt had thick black hair that was gelled back and crimson eyes that gave me the creeps, his features read surprised at first but disappeared the moment he sees my whole body.

"Oh! A girl that dares talk back," his frown changes into a cat like smirk, "I like that."

The announcer suddenly grabs the microphone getting everyone's attention (thankfully) even the tall guy backed away, directing his eyes at the center where and incredibly skinny guy wearing expensive looking tuxedo.

"Now that I have your attention, ladies and gentlemen I am glad to present our host of the night..." he pauses as if to build a tension or something else "Master Trey Alfonse Ravensdale!"

A spotlight, ironically, is suddenly shone on Trey who was walking down the stairs. Okay maybe not walking down, more like arguing with a forty-something year old man with hair as dark as his.

"I told you: NO!" he screamed making everyone gasp and suck in breath a bit too loudly and annoying to me.

Everyone was more silent, their eyes glued to the little scene happening before them. The man Trey was standing with looked displeased; he glanced at their audience (us).

"Didn't anyone tell you it's rude to stare?" his voice boomed with power and authority that no one, even I, would make a sarcastic retort.

And that was saying something, believe me.

It looked like he had power over them because every single one of them looked away moving away from the old man's gaze.

The crowd parted like the Red Sea when the man and Trey came through.

There was a soft whistle, "Hate to be in that kid's shoes."

And guess who it was, none other than the drunken guy.