Chapter Nine

"No need to thank me, I know that I am already brilliant!" the girl gasped, smiling wickedly and playing with a lock of her dark hair.

"Do you also know that you're a big pain in the ass?" was the comeback I had in mind but better be quiet about my behavior around this person. Heck look what happened when I didn't watches my actions: a paralyzed rat. So instead I said: "It looks nice,"

"You haven't even seen yourself yet!" She grumbles and crosses her arms over her chest like a sulking child.

"Why am I doing this again?" I asked myself.

"So you won't look like a crappy slave at the least?" she answered rummaging around her box filled with jewelries. "Sir Ravensdale is going to be there and he wants to take a look at his son's..." she paused as if looking for the right word "pet."

Pet? Are you serious?

"Why the hell-"

"You don't get it," she cuts me off and stares at me with her burning eyes, "Do you know that kidnapping a human is forbidden, and thanks to that little incident of yours hunters are getting suspicious, this meeting is important. If you want to live you'll be a quiet little human girl while there are others here."

By the time she was finished talking, I was speechless. How did this girl know so much? I knew she was telling the truth, I don't know HOW I know but something in my gut tells me to listen to her.

But wow the guys actually did this for me? That's so... weird.

They only know me for a day and they're doing this for me? Men, I swear, are the strangest things in the whole world.

But I sucked at guilt trips...

Surprising even myself I asked, "When does it start?" When she gave me a questioning look I added, "The party or meeting or whatever it's called,"

"That's the spirit Sara!" she grins and checks for watch.

"Not too long from now, an hour or so but we have to meet up with the others." She said cheerily, grabbing my arm. "Wait!"

"Yes?"

"You don't have any accessory yet!" she fastens a cold metal thing around my left arm. It looked cool, like silver vines and small white stones.

"What's this?"

"It's an armband I've had for a long time but haven't used." She said nonchalantly still looking for something. She finally sees something and hides it in her clutch. She raised her head for a second and looked at me up and down, an inspection.

"My work here is done," she smirked and hopped off the bed. Then I noticed something.

"Aren't you going to wear shoes?" I asked nodding at her bare white feet.

"'Course I am," she grabbed a pair of dark blue stilettos under her bed.