Wedding Stress

Jasmine’s POV:

            “I want the color to be red to symbolize the love that we have,” I told Helen, the wedding planner.

            “I like it, it means you guys are passionate, it’s like fire. Would you like to incorporate that into your wedding?” She responded writing the note down on her notepad.

“I might, let me think on that one,” I responded.

“Well we could do something big or small, your choice,” she said giving me ideas. “So what about your dress?”

            “It’s going to be white, with a red strip, I actually have my godmother making that for me, I just have to get the fabric,” I said writing that note down in my phone.

            “Sorry, I’m late, my meeting ran a little long,” Genesis said busting through the door. He kissed me on the cheek before he sat down next to me.

            “That’s fine, so far we’ve gotten that the color is going to be red, your suit I’m assuming is black?” Helen asked Genesis who was on his phone typing away.

            “Yep,” he responded never looking up.

            “I want him to have a three piece suit with a red tie and black vest, the rest of the groomsmen will have the same thing, and a red flower on their lapel,” I told her. This was the first official meeting for the wedding and I as much as it irked me that Genesis was thirty minutes late, I was going to look past it because he was at work which was a large portion of what was paying for this wedding.

            “For the bouquet of flowers which one would you want, red roses or something different?” Helen asked gaining my attention.

            “I would like the red roses, I’m going for the traditional wedding with a few twists. Something like a red bouquet with a few splashes of white in it,” I explained.

            “Maybe a gardenia, those really make a pop especially against the red,” Helen suggested.

            “Yes. That’s it,” I said smiling getting too excited picturing all of this.

            “Where is this going to be, a church, beach, park, hotel?”

            “Well not really a church, we don’t necessarily have a church home, so I think a venue would be best. Genesis, what do you think about that one?” I asked turning toward him for guidance.

            “Whatever you want honey,” he responded sitting back in the chair.

            “But I don’t know what I want to do, should we do a venue or somewhere inside of a hotel?” I asked unsure.

            “Whatever floats your boat,” he responded looking into his phone still.

            I sighed feeling frustrated.

            “Well let’s look at it this way,” Helen said coming for my rescue. “If we do a hotel, we can have the wedding in one area and then move the reception to a different area like a foot away, and it would be a lot cheaper. “

            “Okay, I guess we can do a hotel, do you know of any that are in this area, and moderately priced?” I asked sniffling. Great time to get emotional Jasmine. Maybe it was because I was on my period, I was stressing with work, and I was still a little upset over what happened with my sister the other day.