Ring Shopping

Jasmine’s POV:

“Now we’re going to play some Alicia Keys’ old music with Diary,” The radio hostess said.

            “Oh that’s my song!” I shouted turning up the radio then holding onto the wheel. Genesis shook his head at me from the passenger seat. I was in an exceptionally giddy mood with being engaged finally after so long, and because Genesis finally let me drive his Range.

I had the boys in the boys in the backseat playing with each other while I was singing along with Alicia. I looked at the boys in the back seat smiling at their bobbing heads, I wasn’t Genesis when it came to the singing department, but hey I don’t give a fuck I was engaged and happier than ever.

“Come on sing it with me babies,” I said looking at my boys in the mirror smiling back at me. Bo sang with me and Jr. sat there unresponsive to my singing. I turned around and tickled my baby boy making him laugh.  

“Sing with mama,” I said taking the wheel from Genesis.           

“Girl be careful with my truck or you won’t drive it ever again,” Genesis scolded me making me laugh.

“I feel such a connection, even when you’re far away,” I sang smiling at him rubbing the side of his face.

“I feel a connection too, a deep connection with this car,” He joked.

“Boy Bye! You know this truck can’t do nothing for you like I could,” I said self assuredly. I don’t what it was but ever since Genesis proposed to me again I felt a much stronger sense of confidence, maybe because I knew that Genesis wanted to tie himself to the woman that I am, and wanted nothing of me to change, just for me to keep doing what I was doing for him. I smiled harder nodding my head to the music.

“Woah,” I sang along smiling. “I won’t tell.”

“I won’t tell,” Genesis sang next to me, and I stopped singing allowing my man to sing the song with his wonderful voice.

“We see where, y’all get y’all singing voice from,” I joked grabbing my purse and getting out of the car to get my boys out the back seat.

“Mommy, you sing nice too,” Bo said smiling up at me.

“Oh baby don’t lie, even if you think it will get you a treat,” I said picking him up and kissing his little cheeks. My babies were four years old and getting bigger as the days went on. It makes me think about what their relationship would be like with Nettie, they share the same birthdays, so it would have been nice to celebrate their three birthdays, but I realized that just because she wasn’t here with me didn’t mean that she wouldn’t be in my heart and Genesis’.

We walked into the building going up to the tenth floor to our potential wedding planner. I would have planned it out myself, but the fact of the matter is I didn’t know what I was doing and I wanted my wedding to be perfect.

Sasha told me about this place all the way out in Hoboken, friggin’ far, called Blush Events, they did everything for you, and I was cool with that. I saved up enough so that I could pay for a wedding planner and with Genesis’ help we should be able to pay for the whole wedding no problem.

Which reminds me we have yet to have this conversation.

“Umm Genesis how exactly are we going to get everything together?” I asked putting Bo down, he got heavier on the elevator mysteriously.

“All we’re doing here is checking this place out, then we’re taking a trip to the bank,” Genesis replied holding Jr. on his shoulders.

“Okay,” I said going along with whatever he wanted. When we walked into the wedding planning agency we were greeted by a super peppy chick who was eager to show us around until her boss was ready for us.