The Next Step in Life

Jasmine POV:

It has been a few weeks since Genesis has come back into my life as my sons' father, and he was surely winning over the boys' hearts and earning the title of their father.

Today we were going out to eat because Bo did well on his quiz getting the best in his class. Thanksgiving past and I neglected to tell my family that Genesis was here, so I took the boys and they came with leftovers that they shared with Genesis.

Christmas was right around the corner, so I already knew what was coming from Genesis.

"So mommy, do you know what I really want for Christmas?" Bo asked looking up from his kiddie drawing that the restaurant provided.

"What is that baby boy?" I asked soothing Genesis hair down as he was very detailed in his drawing sitting next to me.

"I want to see daddy more often, now that he's here I want to see him more often. I have fun seeing him, but I don't see him enough," Bo said still drawing. Admittedly, Bo was a daddy's boy and Genesis was a mama's boy, so hearing this from him wasn't shocking.

"Yeah mommy why can't we see Daddy all the time. Some of my friends see there Daddy's on the weekends," Genesis added.

"Well let me think about it boys," I said.

"Please think about it soon, Christmas is really soon," Bo said. I smiled and took a sip of my drink.

Genesis and I don't talk expect if it deals with the boy, and since Eli chose to work all the time now, conveniently, I had to go on the outings with Genesis and the boys. It's not that I don't trust him, but I needed to be there for the sake of the boys, a family structure is what they need.

I knew that now Genesis was going to use the fact that Bo wanted him around more that he would ask for more time with the boys and he was going to get it, and I was going to get something else in return.

When we arrived home Genesis put the boys to bed and I went to pour myself a glass of wine. It was Friday, and after a long week of work and dealing with the boys a drink was due.

"You mind if I have one of those?" Genesis asked walking into the kitchen leaning on the doorframe. I silently poured him a glass of wine and sat down at the kitchen table where he joined me soon after.

"So I know you're going to ask about what Bo said," I started off taking a sip of my wine.

"Yes," Genesis only said.

"Well you will be able to see them every weekend, and you can pick them up on Friday and take them anywhere but a park, make sure that you get them here before eight o clock," I said calmly.

"Alright no problem," Genesis replied, "so where'd you learn to fight like that. I'm still a little upset you flipped me on my ass." I get that he was trying to make causal conversation, and we were able to be amiable to each other, but I wasn't in the mood to delve into my whole life story with him once he left.

"Went to a gym," was my curt reply.

"Okay," he replied.

"Well you know where the door is, so I'll be going to bed," I said downing my drink and went to bed.

But before I fell asleep I made a call to make an arrangement for my Saturday night.

Genesis' POV: