Hearing from Mamma

Genesis POV:

            After telling Jasmine, and the boys unintentionally, what happened to me in Louisiana it seemed as if things were getting better with the household at least. From what Eli tells me, from what Sasha tells him, Jasmine has given up on dating and is just doing what she did before- living through life.

            The more time I spend with the boys the happier I get about coming back because if I hadn’t I would never have gotten to know these great kids. After all this time I can tell the difference between the two: Jr. is the protector and stronger one while Terrence is the sensitive one. I’m still working on trying to get him to toughen up for the sake of being a man.

            I know that Jasmine did all she could with the boys and that she was doing right in what she was teaching them but when it came to Terrence he wouldn’t listen to anyone but me. Both boys obviously adore their mother but when it comes to getting stuff done, Terrence always needs an extra push from me. Genesis Jr. on the other hand simply adores his mother and won’t do anything I tell him to do, certified momma’s boys.

            I couldn’t blame them though they loved their mother and nothing was ever going to stop that. They loved their mother and Jasmine loved them with the deepest love anyone could have. She would kill for those boys and was merciless when it came to them.

            I also noticed that she has grown with the birth of the two boys. I knew before that she was a strong and mature woman, but taking care of two boys on her own for a year made bigger changes in her life. She is very direct with people saying what’s on her mind now instead of trying to rephrase it for the sake of someone’s feelings, and the instant that she doesn’t like something she’s not afraid to say it. Like the other day she ordered some toy for the boys and it had some type of damage to it that I could have easily fixed, she refused to get me to fix it and called the company not only demanding a new toy but a second one for her other son. Needless to say this girl, excuse me woman is a fierce lioness when it comes to her boys.

            A couple of nights ago, I woke up to screaming, and it was Terrence having a nightmare. I ran upstairs trying to make sure that everyone was okay. I walked in and saw Genesis Jr. hugging his brother and Jasmine was walking in, Terrence just held his arms up and Jasmine picked him up and started rocking him cooing in his ear.           

            “It’s okay baby, mommy’s here,” Jasmine cooed. Terrence continued to cry in his mother’s shoulder while Jasmine rocked him back and forth trying to calm him down.  When he finally stopped crying he was twirling a lock of Jasmine’s hair in his mouth and was sucking his thumb.

            “Mommy can you sing that song?” Jr. asked laying down in his bed. She only nodded then started singing Blue. Instead of saying Blue she said Bo and Genesis Jr. By the time she was done singing she laid Terrence in the bed with his brother and put the cover over them leaving the room and closing the door.

            “So how often does that happen?” I asked because since I got here, I haven’t seen Terrence have a nightmare like that since I’ve been here.

            “Once in a blue moon, he just wants to be cuddled and hugged, someone to show him love,” Jasmine said stretching. “That’s how he got his nickname, he heard the song, and when I said Blue he threw a fit and required that I gave him his own nickname, so I said Bo. Ever since then I’m only allowed to call him that and he loves it.”

            “He’s not the only one who loves it,” I said noticing the smile on her face.

            “Yeah, those are my babies.”