Chapter 27

Hebe's POV

"So... I pick dare!" I said. Everyone just looked at me, confused.

"W-What?" Persephone said, her eyebrows scrunching up.

"I pick dare. You picked me for truth or dare, remember?" I said. Ares's jaw dropped.

"What the...?! Did you not just hear Victor?! He just revealed something huge and you don't even care!" Are shouted. I pouted, feeling myself getting frustrated.

"No, I don't care. I want to play! I want to play! I want to PLAY!" I shouted, banging the table each time I said, 'I want to play'. Are groaned and looked at Queen Hera.

"Moooooom!" Ares said. Queen Hera sighed and closed her eyes. Her right eyebrow twitched.

"Persephone, please just humor her." Queen Hera said.

"But—" Persephone began but was cut off by a glared. She sighed. "Fiiiiine."

"Yay!" I said, clapping my hands. Ares jaw dropped some more; I was surprised it could open that far.

"L-Look at how she turned off those waterworks! She was so faking being upset!" Ares said. "Like a five year old!"

"Honestly, I don't know what you are complaining about Ares." Queen Hera said. "After all, you were the one asking when we'd be playing again."

"So Sehie, what's my dare?" I asked Persephone. Victor grinned.

"Can I play?" Victor asked.

"NO!" We all said in unison and in a corner someone shouted, "Nobody likes you!"

"Darn."

"How about, no playing with toys for about a week?" Persephone said.

"What?" I said, my eyes widening.

"Do you think you can't do it?" Persephone asked. I suddenly felt challenged.

"Of course I can!" I shouted.

"Then do it!"

I pouted. "Fine."

"It's my turn now?" Demeter asked, twirling her finger that made wheat in a bowl spin. Persephone nodded.

"Sure is mom!" Persephone said, smiling. Demeter tapped her chin.

"If approving of you and Hades makes you this happy then I should do it more often." Demeter said.

"Mother! That shouldn't be the reason why you approve of me and Hades!" Persephone yelled. Demeter shrugged.

"Hera, truth or dare?" Demeter asked. Queen Hera sighed.

"I'm going to mix it up and say dare." Queen Hera said, rolling her eyes.

"I dare you to lick the bottom of my foot." Demeter said.

"EWW!" Ares and I squealed. Queen Hera's face blanched.

"You've got to be kidding." Queen Hera said. Even as she said it, Demeter lifted her foot off the ground and waved it in the air.

"I'm waiting." Demeter said. I saw an anger that burned hotter than the depths of Tartarus in Queen Hera's eyes.

"You shall pay for this." Queen Hera said, getting up. Hermes sat up.

"Oh yeah! This is going to be good!" Hermes said, getting out his camera. One scathing look from Queen Hera sent him reeling and putting away the camera. Queen Hera walked over and grabbed Demeter's foot and pulled it up so it was level with her face, causing Demeter to slouch in her seat. With a grimace, Queen Hera's tongue danced out quickly like a snakes and dabbed the bottom of the foot. As quickly as it was out, it went back in. Queen Hera dropped the foot and went running to the sink. She filled a cup with water and gargled it and spit it out.