Chapter 10

Rhea's POV

After my son and Athena were finally able to restrain Aphrodite(with the assistance of ropes and chains), he sat back down and coughed.

"So..." Zeus said. Then his eyes fell on me. "I guess it's your turn."

I smirked slightly to myself and looked around. Who should I dare...? Oh, I know!

"Ares, truth or dare?" I asked, although I already knew the answer. Heck, anyone who was even familiar with Ares' reputation would know.

"Dare!" He shouted, with an evil glint in his eyes. He grinned as if he was thinking that this dare was going to be so much fun. I'll prove him otherwise.

"I wish for you to role-play in a game of tea party with your sister, Hebe." I said, grinning deviously. "That means she gets to pick out your outfit, your name..."

His eyes bulged out. "No! Anything but that!"

"What's the matter?" Hephaestus asked, feeling the need to get back at him for earlier. "Are you too chicken?"

I could see Apollo and Hermes standing behind Ares, doing the chicken dance.

"Bock-bock! Bock-bock!" They said. Ares growled.

"Will you two shut-up?!"

They froze and everyone glared at Ares.

"What?" He asked.

"Haha! You guys can see us!" Hermes yelled triumphantly.

"Well," Artemis said. "As long as you guys know... I might as well get back at Apollo for yelling in my ear."

Apollo froze. "Please no."

"Yes." She said, glaring daggers at her brother. Then she leapt out of her seat. "Do you have any idea how much it hurt my ear!?"

They began to chase each other around the table and pandemonium ensued. Everyone began to yell at each other, even me. Although, I had a reason. Something had hit me squarely in the back of my head and I didn't appreciate it at all. Athena buried her hands in her hair and shut her eyes tightly as if it could block out the noise. Eventually, she opened up her eyes and they flashed murderously.

"ENOUGH!" Athena yelled as loud as she could. Everyone froze. When she was sure she had everyone's attention, she cleared her throat. "Ares has yet to complete his dare." Then her cold, grey eyes met his with a challenging gaze. "Unless, of course, he is too cowardly to go through with his word—"

"I'M NO COWARD!" Ares yelled even louder than she had, causing several to wince, including myself. "I'm going to the tea party!"

"Oh my goodness, this will be so fun brother!" Hebe squealed, squeezing her brother in a hug. Ares, at the moment, looked like he'd rather be in Tartarus than getting a hug from her.

"How long do I have to play?" He asked, looking very crestfallen. I smiled.

"An hour."

He gave me one last horrified look as he was dragged out of the room by his ultra hyper sister.

Demeter's POV(because she's here too)

"So, what now?" I asked dryly, although I could care less.

"We film Ares!" Hermes said, grinning like the imp he is.

Hera sighed. "You go do that."

"Seriously?" Hermes asked, sounding surprised. Zeus gave her a surprised look too. "Seriously?"

"I really don't care." Hera replied, shrugging. Well, that was unexpected. Hermes saluted her and zipped off to film Ares and Hebe.

"Should we call Hestia?" Zeus asked. "Now that the dare is over, she might want to come back."

"I already texted her." Hera said.

"Ninja." I heard someone mumble. She quickly glared in that direction. Before Hera could take any further action, Hestia materialized beside Athena.

"Hello everyone." Hestia said while smiling cheerfully, immediately releasing the tension in the room. "I hope you all didn't get into too much trouble while I was gone..."

"Of course not!" Poseidon said, grinning nervously. "What makes you say that?"

"Yeah." Zeus agreed. "A-Anyways, you just missed Ares and Rhea's dares."

"Does that mean it's my turn?" Hades asked, an evil look in his eye. Everyone shifted in their seats nervously.

"I suppose it is, brother." Zeus said, looking like he wished this would all just be over. He probably wasn't the only one. Hades looked at me.

"Truth or Dare?" he asked.

"Truth." I replied. I'm not stupid, there's no way I'd ever answer dare to him. Hades looked a bit disappointed with my answer but quickly put on a pensive look as he thought of my question.

"How would you feel if Persephone liked me more than cereal?" Hades asked. Everybody groaned. I thought about this.

"Confused." I replied. He narrowed his eyebrows.

"Confused?" He repeated.

"Yes. I'd be confused because most people understand that almost everything is better than you. It makes no sense for her to think you're better than cereal." I said, shrugging my shoulders. Hades pouted ever so slightly, upset with my answer.

"Well, for the record, she does." Hades grumbled. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. How can my daughter like this roach more than the best food ever(which was named after me)? How can she like this death rat at all?

"How can you even stand him?" I asked her. She sighed.

"He's my husband." She replied. I rolled my eyes.

"That's not a good answer." I said. "Just because he is your husband who forced you to marry him, doesn't mean your obligated to love him."

"Maybe he didn't 'force' me. Maybe, I was willing to marry him to get away from my crazy mom!" Persephone shouted. I tried not to show how hurt I was about this comment. Alright then, I see how it is. I stood up.

"Well, I'm going for a walk." I said, refusing to meet her eyes. Immediately, tears filled hers.

"I'm so sorry mom! I didn't mean—"

"Good-bye, everyone." I said.

Then I materialized out of the room before anything else could be said.