Chapter 19

Leto's POV

Thunk. Thunk. Thunk.

I kept hitting my head against the edge of the bed, fighting incoming boredom.

"How much longer am I going to be in here?!"

I needed to figure a way out of there. My son(my real son) was expecting me to come back and give him the video of this dimension. Plus, the idea of spending Olympus knows how long in jail wasn't that appealing. Perhaps I could convince King Apollo to let me go or maybe I could pretend I'm sick and jump whoever comes into my cell...

I suddenly heard someone pounding on the door. I froze.

The pounding continued for a few seconds more. Who could it be? Why would anyone be knocking on a jail cell? It's not like I can open it and let them in for a visit. Why, hello random stranger, have you come to visit little ol' me who's been thrown in jail for not singing? My, how kind of you! Let me try to open up this locked door for you.

A blue light suddenly began to surround the door, starting from the bottom and traveling up. What on earth?

The door dissipated into a pool of salt-water, and I was greeted at the other side by a very familiar face. It was a tanned god with dark hair and green eyes. His face had smile lines from years of being cheerful but at the moment though, his face looked very serious.

"It's time to go, Leto." Poseidon said. Then, without even waiting for me, he started to walk down the hall. It took a moment for my mind to process what was happening. He was breaking me out.

"W-wait!" I stuttered, running to catch up with him. I was by his stride in a few seconds. "Why are you breaking me out?"

"It's about time to get you home." Poseidon replied. Home? I couldn't believe it. Also, something seemed different about Poseidon. I studied him closely, trying to figure it out. Then I realized it.

"You aren't singing." I said in disbelief. Poseidon gave me a sheepish smile.

"Don't worry, Apollo won't mind as long as no one else figures out. That way, he'll be able to turn a blind eye." Poseidon said.

"I don't get it. Why are you helping me?" I asked. He shrugged.

"It's pretty simple really: you don't belong here. This is not your dimension and you belong back in your own." Poseidon explained. I nodded. I guess that made sense...

"Wait, how did you figure out I'm not from your dimension?" I asked. As far as I knew, I had only told King Apollo.

"Apollo told me. He said that the Leto I had encountered today was from another dimension and that she was spending time in jail for not singing." Poseidon took a right turn. "This is why I'm a bit concerned..."

"Concerned?" I asked.

"It's almost like... he anticipated me coming to rescue you." We turned another corner.

King Apollo was waiting for us.

Dozens of archers stood behind him, bows ready. I quietly wondered if those people were even real. They all looked exactly identical from their outfits to the triangular arch of their eyebrows. I set my jaw firm and took a step forward. Without even thinking, I reached for my sword only to remember they had confiscated it from me.

"Well?" I asked. Once again, I met his eyes with a challenging gaze. He held them, refusing to back down. Then, what he said next surprised me.

"You better get going." King Apollo said. "Before the other gods find you."

My jaw dropped. "W-what?"

"Well, when Victor said he was going to tell all the other gods that you were here, I decided to go ahead and throw you in jail for your safety." King Apollo explained. I couldn't believe my ears.