Chapter 12

Athena's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my room, trying to figure out what Poseidon was going to ask me. Since I was a fair goddess, I wasn't going to go eavesdrop on all them to figure it out. I wasn't worried though. Despite the fact I wasn't allowed to lie, I could probably smooth talk my way out of whatever question they all decided to ask me. The reason I had decided to do this at all was because it made the game more amusing for me.

So far, everyone had been painfully predictable with all the dares and questions. The game, quite frankly, was starting to get repetitive. We take turns going around in a circle and, whoevers turn it was, would try to embarrass their least favorite person in the room. I bet Poseidon was starting to feel a bit stressed with that time limit I had given him. I didn't have to allow the others help him but, as I said, it made the game more interesting for me. A bit more unpredictable.

I was mentally keeping track of the time and it was at precisely 4 minutes, 53 seconds, 22 deciseconds and 56 milliseconds. Of course, it was changing even as I thought of it. I decided though, I would go ahead and get going. Since I know the speed of my materializing I should be able to get back to the kitchen at exactly five minutes. Entering my immortal form, I traveled through the air faster than a mortal can even comprehend.

When I got to the kitchen, it was exactly 5 minutes down to the millisecond. Perfect.

"I trust you all were able to figure out a question?" I asked, a smug smile tugging at the tip of my lips. Judging by the way Poseidon was grinning, I'd say it was a yes. He glanced at Apollo, who gave him a thumbs up, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. How obvious were they trying to make themselves? Apollo was clearly the one who gave Poseidon the question. Oh well, this should be interesting.

"So, Athena." Poseidon said. "What was the last lie you told Zeus?"

I felt my smile waver ever so slightly. Zeus' eyes narrowed and he looked at me from across the table as if to say, "You have better not have lied to me."

"Well," I said. Hmm, I better play down the lie or give him a convincing reason I didn't tell him the truth. "It was just a little white lie I told him because I didn't feel like worrying him. The lie had been about one of the minor godlings, a child of Eris I believe, his name was Demitri. For a while, he had planned to go against Zeus. Of course, there was no way such an insignificant god like him could have hoped to succeed. Still, to be on the safe side, I made sure he failed."

I smiled a bit sadistically.

Oh, Demitri, that little fool. He never stood a chance.

"I would've liked to have known about that." My father, Zeus, mumbled. I shrugged.

"I didn't want to get you riled up over such a small nuisance, so I just didn't tell you about him." I said.

"It's not like you neglected to tell him," Poseidon said, clearly irked that I hadn't got in trouble like he had hoped. "You flat out lied about it."

My father stared at me for a few minutes, as if deciding what to do with me.

"...What happened to Demitri?" He finally asked. This caught me off guard.

"Hmm?"

"Demitri, Eris' son, what happened to him?" Zeus asked again, with a bit more emphasis.

"He was dealt with." I replied with my automatic, cryptic response. I wisely left it open for their own minds to decide what had happened to the foolish child of Eris. By doing this, it always left gods uneasy around me as they are left unsure of what I'm capable of.

Several of the gods shifted uncomfortably. Good, just the response I want. It let's me know I still have an edge over them.

"...Er, what exactly did you do to him?" Apollo finally asked, looking like he dreaded the question.