Chapter 13

Aphrodite's POV

Ooh, I just love this game! I'm so glad I thought of it.

Now, who to choose...

There's just so many choices. I can ask Zeus a question about his recent girlfriends to stir up trouble between him and Hera(I just love drama!), or ask Artemis if she use to have a thing for Zoë(come on, I can't be the only person who has suspected something).

Wait, I know!

"Hestia, truth or dare?" I asked. It's safe to assume that she'll probably pick truth since she's more cautious than the rest of us. Also, not to mention, she's a lot less prideful than the guys here so she doesn't feel like she's got anything to prove.

"Truth, I guess." Hestia replied timidly. I smiled sweetly, in an attempt to help calm her nerves. I might as well, considering the question I'm about to ask her.

"Have you ever fallen in love?" I asked, straight to the point.

"E-Excuse me?" She stuttered, looking like she couldn't believe I had just asked that. My smile got bigger.

"Have you ever fallen in love?" I repeated again for her. "I mean, Athena had Odysseus and Artemis had Orion, so I'm just wondering if you ever had someone."

"Oh." Hestia said quietly, scooting down in her seat.

"I bet it was me." Poseidon said, wiggling his eyebrow at her. She blushed.

"No way!" Apollo shouted, standing up. "I bet it was me!"

Aw, how cute! They're both fighting over her. I remember when they both proposed to her. It was before she became a virgin. In fact, because they both proposed to her at the same time, she chose to become a virgin to avoid having them go to war over her. A silly decision in my opinion, but does anyone listen to me? No. I'm just the "stupid" love goddess.

I don't know why she would choose chastity to stop a war. I mean, how lucky was she? Two handsome gods were willing to go to war for her. There's some girls who are just dying for something like that to happen to them. Why do you think Twilight is so popular? Girls read it as a sort of wish fulfilment. They wish they were in Bella's position.

Ah, Jacob is so cute and Edward is such a romantic...

"It's not you two." Hestia told Poseidon and Apollo, smiling apologetically. Their shoulders sagged.

"Then who was it?" Queen Hera asked. Hestia shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Come on, Hestia." I said. "Nobody is above love. Not even the self-proclaimed virgins."

Athena and Artemis scowled in my direction.

"I might have fallen in love once, before the oath." Hestia said. I smiled victoriously. I knew it!

"So, who was it?" I asked.

Hestia pursed her lips. "I'm not telling."

"But you have to silly." I said. She shook her head, causing me to frown. What does she mean, no?

"The question was 'Have you fallen in love?' not 'With whom'." Hestia said. I pouted. No fair!

"It's fair." Athena said, looking at me. She either read my mind or read the look on my face. I can never tell with her.

"Okay." I mumbled dejectedly. Then, I got a brilliant idea. I'll ask Athena a question during my next turn! And I know just the question to ask that will mortify her.

Hera's POV

"Is it my turn now?" Zeus asked, although he clearly knew the answer.

"Yes." Aphrodite replied cheerfully, already over the fact Hestia wouldn't name the guy she had liked. Figures.