Chapter 11

Persephone's POV

My mom, looking rather hurt, materialized out of the room. I buried my head in my hands.

"I didn't mean to make her upset." I sobbed. "After all her nagging, I had just about enough. So, I snapped at her."

"She deserved it." Hades mumbled. I elbowed him.

"Shut-up! She did not." I started to cry. Hades awkwardly began to pat my shoulder.

"There... there." He said feebly, looking uncomfortable. Aunt Hera rolled her eyes.

"You're husband of the year, aren't you Hades?" She said, sarcastically.

"Don't go casting stones. Your husband isn't much better." Hades said. Zeus' eyes narrowed.

"Excuse me?" He asked. I swore I could see some sparks fly off his shirt. Uh oh.

"I'll go talk to Demeter." Hestia said, standing up. Both of the brothers took their eyes off each other to glance at Hestia.

"Are you sure?" Zeus asked.

Hestia nodded. "Yes."

Then, she walked over to me and patted my shoulder.

"Don't you worry dear, I'm sure she's fine. Demeter knows you didn't really mean it. She's just a little upset, that's all." Auntie Hestia gave me a reassuring smile. Then she materialized out of the room and I wiped off my eyes. After Zeus made sure I had calmed down, he spoke to me.

"If you still wish to go, it's your turn." He said. I nodded.

"I still wish to go." I said. Since Hestia had just left and Hebe was off having a tea party with Ares and Hermes was filming it, I didn't have a lot of choices left. Only Athena and Dionysus. And, To be honest, I was much too scared to dare Athena(there's no telling how the wisdom goddess would react if I did something she didn't like) so I decided to ask Dionysus.

"Dionysus, Truth or Dare?" I asked. He quirked an eyebrow.

"Dare, I suppose." Dionysus said with an indifferent tone. I considered my dare for a moment.

"I want you to go a week without soda." I said. Dionysus began to sputter and gave me this affronted look, like he could hardly believe that I had the audacity to do this to him.

"F-Father." He stuttered to Zeus. "This is unfair! I've already had my wine taken away. This... This is just inhumane!"

I'm sure that if Ares had been here, he would be splitting his sides laughing. Zeus sighed.

"I'm sorry Dionysus but rules are rules. You have no choice but to follow them." Zeus said.

"Fine." Dionysus said. He waved his hand and the soda he had been drinking disappeared. Then he glared at me, purple flames dancing in his eyes. "You're going to regret that, flower goddess."

Hmm, maybe I should have asked Athena.

Ares' POV

I wish I wasn't immortal. I wish I wasn't immortal. I wish I wasn't immortal...

"Would you like some more tea, Miss Honeycakes?" My little sister Hebe asked, picking up a tea pot. Unfortunately, I was obligated to play along. I smiled weakly.

"Of course, Lady Hebe!" I said, in a high, feminine voice. If Rhea wasn't dad's mom, I'd destroy her and toss her remains to Tartarus. I was currently wearing a pink dress over my outfit and had loads of make-up on my face(I'm sure Aph would have a heart attack if she saw me in all this make-up). I finally knew what it felt like to be a Barbie doll. And it didn't feel nice.