Chapter 1

Poseidon's POV
I materialized in a seat across from my brother. We were in a dining room sitting at, well, a dining table. Though we hardly use it for actually eating. Most of the time we use it for pulling pranks on the other gods or for playing games on "family night". You can probably guess how many of those we had.

Tonight though Zeus might actually use it for that. He had summoned most of the council and a few others of our family members because of Hera's, and I quote, "incessant nagging because she is an annoying cow of a wife who is convinced she knows what family values are even though she is the most far off base." End of quote.

To my surprise, Aphrodite sat at the head of the table.

"Well that's not strange at all" I thought sarcastically.

On Aphrodite's right sat Zeus, Hera, Hestia, Athena, Apollo, and Artemis.
On her left, there was me, Demeter, Persephone, Hades, Ares, Hermes, and Hephaestus. To my left Demeter was currently fiddling with a bowl of wheat.

"Why are we here?" She asked, sound very bored. Aphrodite beamed.
"Well Hera was complaining that we don't have enough family game nights." at this many angry glares were cast at the queen of Olympus. "So I decided that, since we were going to have this game tonight weather we wanted to or not, I might as well pick the game!"

"And what may the game be?" Athena asked, frowning.My brother looked crestfallen. whatever the game was he didn't like it.

"It is-" Aphrodite held her hands up in a dramatic gesture "-Truth or dare!"

Usually our reactions vary, but this time it was all the same.They all said: oh no, what have we gotten ourselves into?

"The rules are a bit different in this game" Aphrodite continued, ignoring all of the groans. "We will take turns going around the table. And no picking the same person twice for truth or dare"
"I'm confused," I muttered, putting my hand up to my head like I had a migraine. Athena's eyes flashed angrily like I had personally insulted her.

"No, you're an idiot," she corrected. My younger brother grunted.

"Can't argue with that," he said. I gritted my teeth.

"Will somebody please explain the rules" I growled.

"Basically, Aph will start us off and after she's done it'll either be yours or dad's turn. And you can't pick the person she picked. And let's say she had picked Artemis for the Truth or Dare, so now no one else can pick her for the entire rotation," Ares explained, looking pretty smug about it. "Even I had that figured out."

After he said that, I'm pretty sure a tsunami struck somewhere in the world.

My hand gripped my triton tighter but before I could do anything Aphrodite said, "Alright! I'll start."

She seemed to be thinking for a while before she she smiled and looked at Artemis, "Well, since Ares already volunteered you" Artemis sent a seething look at the War god "I might as well pick you. So, truth or dare?"

Dare," Artemis said without hesitation. She was a girl of action, not words. As soon as the corners of Aphrodite's lips curved into a devious smile, I knew the young hunter was in for it.

"Alright, I want you too..." Aphrodite began. I leaned forward in my seat, anxious to hear what the dare was.