Forty-Two.

"You seem high strung." Gerard says as he pulls up his knee socks. "Yeah, it would seem that way." I mumble grabbing my cleats and stepping onto the practice field. "NEYMAR!" I turn quickly to my small girlfriend being escorted through the tunnel with the two body guards I've hired after the bug incident last week. "Meu amor!" I call back to her nervously before dropping the ball and running over to Liliana. "Oh my God!" She says out of breath before holding her stomach. "What's wrong?" I ask her putting my hands on either side of her face. "I-I-I." And then from her eyes came these streams of tears. "What the fuck happened?!" I ask harshly to the two big men standing next to us rubbing their palms nervously, "What do I pay you for?!" I yell causing attention to us. "Answer me." I hiss to them as I pull her into my chest. "We left for one minute Neymar, and then there was this huge explosion in the backyard. From the fire pit....." The larger of the two guards, Fernando, says quietly. "Are you fucking kidding me." I yell before closing my eyes, "It's okay..." Lilly whispers. "Are you hurt?" I ask her pulling her face from my chest and looking into her light brown eyes, "Just a bit." She replies in a monotone voice, "Show me, meu amor." And she lifts her arm up to show the reddened, peeling skin. This person means buisness.

"See no, I hate that idea. It's fucking stupid." I say from my chair, "Neymar." Lilly whispers adjacent to me, "I'm just being honest. I'f I'm spending millions of dollars relocating to a new place, it's going to be accomodating to me and you, Davi and our unborn child." "I understand but you don't have to be rude." Lilly whispers as our real estate agent sits across from us. "Sorry... But I'm on edge." I say picking at my finger nails and I watch as my eyes dart to Lilly's hand being placed over her stomach. My one job is to protect my loved ones and not feeling in control of that, is nervewracking and incredibly frightening. My hand darts to my mouth and as a nervous habit, I start to chew my nails before recieving a very sharp slap to the back of my wrist. "Stop that." Lilly says. "I want no one to be able to find this house, I need a super secure house." I say to the New York real estate agent, "You got it." He says before getting up and opening the door for us to leave. "Obrigado." I mumble standing up and then sticking out my hand to help my girlfriend stand up. "Let's go get you guys some lunch." I say before kissing the top of Lillly's head.

As we sat down at our table Liliana narrows her eyes at me, "What?" I ask before picking up the menu. "Why did someone try to burn me alive?" Lilly asks trying to hold my gaze but I avert it. "I don't know." I mumble bitterly, "I don't understand why you're getting an attitude with me... I haven't done anything." Liliana bites back. "I know that! But I feel like such a shit guy for not being able to protect the two most important people in my life." I reply slamming the menu down and making the waiter scamper away form the table. "Will you lower your voice?!" Lilly hisses at me throwing a piece of bread at me from the wicker basket sitting in the middle of the golden table.

"Do you know how it feels to be completely and utterly defenseless and not know what to do or how to protect your loved ones?!" I ask pushing the piece of bread off my lap. "Then let me in on what's happening!" Liliana begs. "I don't even know what's going on Liliana! If I knew, you'd be the first person I'd be telling! Do you understand that?!" I yell to her. She gets up and throws another piece of bread at me. "I will see you at home, you have no reason to be yelling at me and I'm too hormonal to take this. I hate you right now." She says before grabbing her purse and walking out leaving me sitting alone at the golden table. "Sir." I look towards the door as a waiter holds a box. "This was left for you at the front." I grab the box and nod at him as he leaves. I take off the lid and there is a rusty crowbar in the box. I smile bitterly, I look at the lid and there was a message printed on it, I let out a bitter laugh before reading the lid. Just thought I'd give you this crowbar, because I'll be prying your relationship apart.I look towards the door and smile angrily before putting my hand over my mouth. I slam the lid back on the box and then toss it off my lap. The waiter peaks in because of the ruckus I've made. "Let me get a double of Jameson straight and keep them coming." I order him before watching him nod and leave. Liliana won't be pleased but I'm not pleased with the fact that someone's trying to ruin my life either.