Scealai

My name is Scealai

My name is Scealai. My name means 'Fire on the Seas'. A reference to my flaming red hair.

I was born of Gellia and Rasson.

My mother perished giving me life.

So, though I was born of the land, the sea, Shalea, has always been my mother.  

First, with my father, Rasson and now on my own, with my ship and my crew. I have travelled much of this world that we call Domhan.

In my travels I have seen many wondrous and inexplicable things. I have seen worlds that most could only visit in their imagination. I have encountered good and evil on scales that would drive normal people insane. 

I have found love, I have loved and I have felt the weight of heartbreak. 

I have seen much joy and felt the deepest depths of despair.

I have fought and I have killed.

I have been called a saviour.

I have been called evil.

My name is Scealia.

Through my many years on this earth I have kept a journal of my adventures and encounters. These are my tales and though many may seem larger than life, they are as truthful as the red hair that adorns my head.

Now, in my own words I present these tales to you, as a way to keep the adventures and  memories alive and a way, to perhaps once and for all, exorcize the demons that still haunt me.

My name is Scealai. My name means 'Fire on the Seas'.

And so we begin.

My tale begins a month after laying my father, Rasson, to eternal rest, at the bottom of Funseai, the deep chasm of the sea, known as the keeper of souls.

One of the biggest fears of any sea-faring soul is the dense hell that we call Foreg, fog. The inability to see where you are going and the fear of where you might end, has driven many a hearty sea goer to the brink of insanity.

We encountered such a fog, not long into our journey, with me as Captain.

We were both fortunate and unfortunate to shed the shroud of grey and come upon dry land.