16

~~
BEFORE YOU READ!!! major trigger warning. later on in this chapter there will be homophobic remarks! if it makes you uncomfy please skip the part where you see ♥️
~~

mark and donghyuck are in gym now, and they're stretching.

"yo mark, we should play basketball today."

"um. i am not athletic and we both know that."

"it's basketball."

mark rolls his eyes. donghyuck grabs his hand and pulls him out to the court.

"look. i'll show you it's not that hard." donghyuck gets a ball from the rack and throws it to mark. mark grabs it and bounces it up and down.

"see, you can do that at least!

"it's bouncing a ball."

"impressive!!"

"shut up."

"i'm gonna show you how to dribble now!" donghyuck takes the ball from mark and shows him.

"see? just like this it's easy" he hands the ball back to mark and urges him to try.

mark drops the ball in between his legs and looks up at donghyuck while smiling.

"i failed."

donghyuck melts inside.

"you did your best." donghyuck walks over to mark and pinches his cheeks. to his surprise, he actually accepts the pinch. the ball rolls towards the bleachers.

donghyuck heads over and picks up the ball and right as he turns to go back, he's stopped by two boys sitting on the bleachers.

"hey lee donghyuck!" donghyuck turns around.

"yeah?" he recognizes both of these boys. they're in the same grade as him, and they're not very nice.

♥️ (remember !!)

"you gay or something? why are you always hugged up under that boy?" jackson questions.

donghyuck freezes and thinks for a moment.

"i'm gay, but no me and him aren't dating."

"psh, i highly doubt that." jaebum joins in.

mark begins to walk over.

"what's taking you so long?"

"you gay too?" mark stops right where he's standing.

"i...um..i don't? umm"

"well? you two dating?"

"mind your busine-." donghyuck tries to butt in but mark interrupts him.

"i'm not gay. and no we aren't dating."

that hurts donghyuck for some reason. he understands mark didn't want anybody to know but yet, it still hurt him.

"oh? so only this one here is gay?"

"why do you live your life like that?" the boys look directly at donghyuck and begin to snicker.

tears well up.

mark. say something. donghyuck begins to plead mark to say something, but only in his mind.

mark puts his head down and just stays quiet.

"what are you gonna do? cry over it? it's your life decisions."

at that, donghyuck runs away.

♥️ (they end here !)

mark runs after donghyuck.

"wait! donghyuck!" he catches up with him.

"okay mark listen, i get it you don't want anybody to know. i get that okay? but maybe try standing up for me? that's not even something a boyfriend should do, it's something a best friend should do." donghyucks words are said in between his tears.

"if you're so against people knowing you're gay you shouldn't of even asked me out. i'm sorry that i want to kiss up to my boyfriend in public." and with that, donghyuck runs off and heads home. he doesn't even care about missing his other classes.

mark stands there, not really stunned just... lost. he feels bad of course, but he doesn't know what to do.