Sneak Peak Prologue Thingy

Somehow, I always get stuck in these kind of situations. You know those kind that you just don't know how you got in it and no matter how hard you think, there is no possible way to get out of it? Yeah, that's how this whole reality show thing got started.

I was waiting in line with my best and only friend, Hannah. The line was for this super popular reality TV show called Stars Unedited. I didn't watch the show, but it was easy to see why it was so popular.

Every season, there was a different challenge that the stars had to face and the prizes were different every year. Each season was apparently 'Hilarious!', 'Heartbreaking' and 'Shocking to the Max!'

But I knew that it was all just a bunch of crap.

So why was I standing in line exactly? This season, Stars Unedited was mixing it up by getting two non-celebrities, one boy and one girl, to participate in the show. Multiple auditions were being held in almost every state in the country, including right here in Los Angeles.

Hannah loved Stars Unedited and was determined to get onto the show, so she was waiting in this mile long line that was going so slow.

"I don't understand why we have to do this," I grumbled next to my bouncing best friend. Yes, she was actually bouncing.

"I honestly do not hear your complaining anymore, Avery," she said, fiddling with the piece of paper with her audition number on it. "You are going to stand here and wait with me, if it's the last thing you do. And come on Avery, it's the summer before our lives officially start. Can't you live a little?"

What she was saying is true, but I didn't want to think about it, other than the fact that I was done with high school. Or what counts as high school for me anyways.

I grumbled some more. "Well, would you at least stop hopping up and down?"

"I can't," Hannah said. "I have to pee."

I rolled my eyes at her then continued to think about ways that I could kill myself.

Forty-five minutes later and we there were about ten people ahead of us and Hannah had to pee more than ever.

"Avery, oh my gosh, I can't hold it anymore," she said and squeezed my arm.

"Okay, just go to the bathroom real quick and I'll hold your place," I told her. She didn't even wait for me to finish before dashing out of the line.

Ten minutes later, Hannah still wasn't back and there were two people in front of me.

I looked around. "Where is she?" I mumbled and stepped up as the next person in line went into the audition tent.

Finally, I was next in line, without Hannah. Just when I was about to give up all hope on finding her and walk out of the line, two security guards pushed me into the tent.

"Hello." A woman with short artificially dyed blonde hair was standing in the corner of the room. She looked like business too. She had on a button up shirt and a pencil skirt with a clipboard in her hand; if that didn't mean business, I don't know what did.

"Oh, I'm not supposed to be here-" I started.

"You have a number taped onto your stomach so you came by choice, didn't you?" She interrupted, with no expression on her face.

Even though the lady scared me a bit, I secretly admired her. That was the type of person I wanted to be when I grew up, someone who looked like she could handle herself and knew how to get what she wanted, when she wanted it.

"Well, yes but-"

"Young girl, I don't have time for this, you either audition or you get out," the lady said.

Yes, finally. "Well, I'd be happy to leave-"

"Don't waste my time." She said then pointed to a seat. "Here is where you will sit and make your audition tape. Just talk about how much you love Stars Unedited and why you think that you should be on the show."

And now you're caught up on my situation.

The lady walked behind a screen door thingy, leaving me standing there, wondering what my next move would be. Ducking out wasn't an option as the two security guards seemed to be keeping an extra close watch on me.

Think, Avery, think. It was the one thing I was good at. Finally, I had an idea. I'd just make them not like me and they wouldn't pick me! I hardly had any friends, so making people not like me should be easy enough. I mean, millions of people were going to audition, what are the odds that I'd get chosen?

I sat in the chair and looked at the camera.

"First of all, I want everyone watching this to know that I don't want to be here. I was forced, and I refuse to be on this show," I said to the camera.

"This show is degrading and watching it would be an insult to my intelligence. So I don't watch it. And all that stuff about being real and unedited, please. Reality TV only shows you what viewers want to see. And this is a show filled with movie stars and celebrities, they're obviously acting." I continued

"I honestly don't know why people waste their time in watching this show. It's ridiculous, so I have a message for all of you people," I said and put my face close to the camera. "This is stupid."

I gave on last glare to the camera before saying, "And my name's Avery Fisher, don't contact me."

******************************************************************************************

Soooo... how do you like this story? Are you as excited for it as I am? Because I really am. Anyways. I hope you like this story, and I'm gonna put the cast up soon; it's gonna be a very interesting one to say the least.

Please comment and tell me what you think! I would really appreciate it!