9- We Are Family

Chapter 9

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

-"We Are Family" by The Pointer Sisters

"Contestants! Please begin to make your way to the lounge for the filming of next weeks episode."

I looked up at the ceiling and sighed, then stood up from my bed. I took a quick look in the mirror to make sure that I didn't look too bad and sighed. Compared to all these people, I was terrible looking; boring straight brown hair, eyes that were technically blue but look more brown than anything and not the skinniest. If I tried, I could be better looking, but still not as amazing as these people. I quickly looked away from the mirror and made my way downstairs, meeting Peyton in the hallway.

"How do you think you did this week?" I asked her.

She sighed. "We're both very forgetful people," she said, then turned to look at me, a sparkle in her eyes. "But what about you and Sage?"

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to describe the past week. "We fight a lot," I finally settled on.

Peyton laughed, shaking her head. "Divorce isn't good for a child psychologically," she joked.

I'm pretty sure my eyes lit up at her words. "Do you think we can actually do that?"

"I think that would be losing the competition," she said, laughing at me.

I let my soldiers sag. "Aw. But hey, what is the prize in this show anyway?" It was weird that I had been here for more than two weeks and still didn't know what I was competing for. It was strange to think that technically I was competing against these people.

"I think it's-"

She was cut off by Vanessa, pushing us into the lounge to sit on the couch. Obviously we were a little late. Sitting on the couch already was the rest of the crew, all of them looking anxious to be somewhere else. I immediately located Sage to make sure he was the one who had Rose and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her in his hands. Who knew I could feel a connection with a plastic doll?

"Alright, welcome back to Stars Unedited! Your stars and Norms are patiently waiting to see the scoreboard and find out who's in the lead our first week with the babies," Chris said to the camera, surprising me. I didn't know we were on air.

"Lets bring up the scoreboard!" He exclaimed.

On the television in front of us, all of our names appeared arranged in a list with each partnerships name on each line. Next to each partnership were boxes that I assumed would hold our points for the week. The first column for everyone was already at five hundred and waiting to be deducted to or added to.

"First up we have Bryson and Emma, lets see how they did," Chris said.

The screen changed and began showing a montage of all the wrongdoings they did throughout the week. Most all of them were Bryson. He neglected the baby when it was crying, cursed at it, drew on its face, fed it too little, fed it too much, didn't change diapers until the smell was unbearable and much much more. But Emma wasn't perfect either. For one she drew a tattoo on the baby, and she also fed it too much, squeezed it too tight, held it upside down, changed the diaper when nothing needed to be changed, forgot about the baby and even more.

"Wow," Emma said. "How did they make it seem so bad?"

"That wasn't bad that was terrible," Peyton said with a look of pure shock on her face. "And that was you guys. Imagine how bad the rest of ours will be."