1- Oh No

Chapter 1

Don't do love, don't do friends
I'm only after success
Don't need a relationship
I'll never soften my grip
Don't want cash, don't want card
Want it fast, want it hard
Don't need money, don't need fame
I just want to make a change

- "Oh No" Marina and the Diamonds

"You did what?" Hannah said as we walked across the lot and to my car.

"I told them everything that was wrong with that stupid show," I said. "The lady shouldn't have made me make an audition tape in the first place."

"Avery!" Hannah said and we got into the car. "How could you do that! If I didn't have the chance to be on the show, you should've!"

I shrugged. Honestly, I felt really awesome. Like I could conquer the world or something. Especially when I told them not to contact me, that was a genius line. I usually didn't think of things like that until after.

"Do you know that being on this show is the oppurtunity of a lifetime!" Hannah exclaimed, but I started the car and made a motion that I couldn't hear her.

She glared at me, then shook her head as if she finally realized that whatever she said would not convince me that I did anything wrong. "I just don't know what to say to you."

"So don't."

Three weeks later, I was done with high school, and I was moving all my stuff into the apartment that Hannah and I planned to share. So far, we'd gotten the couch and the TV set up, but after that, Hannah decided that she didn't want to do anything else so she was passed out on said couch.

"Lazy bum," I muttered as I took another one of my boxes down the hallway and into my room, almost breaking my back in the process.

I finally set the box down on the floor and looked around me, taking it all in.

I can't believe that I'm out of high school. No more teachers, homework, exams and drama. Finally, I was an adult, free to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

"Whee!" I yelled and jumped in the air. I had made it. I had actually made it. Suddenly, I heard the annoying ringtone that I didn't know how to change. My phone.

"Hello?" I said, knowing it was my dad.

"Did the move go well? Is everything fine? Are you well fed?" My dad asked, not giving me any time to answer inbetween the questions.

"Dad, I'm fine," I said.

He was always worried about me, never just taking it easy. For example, he didn't let me date until I was sixteen. That isn't a very good example, however, considering that there weren't many people who wanted to date me in the first place.

But anyways, he was always overprotective. I'd had to beg him for forever to actually let me move out and in with Hannah. But I didn't blame him, he'd been like that since my mom died when I was ten. She'd been in a drunk driving accident.

"Okay, Fish, just want to make sure you don't forget about your pops back home," he said, calling me by my nickname.

"Dad, come on, how would I ever be able to forget the man who raised me?" I said, rolling my eyes, but smiling at the same time.

"Okay, okay," he said. "Tell Hannah I said hi and to stay out of trouble. You too."

"Okay," I sad. "I love you."

"Love you too," he said before I heard the click meaning the end of the call.

Five seconds later and my phone rang again. "What now, dad?" I asked.