ten ➝ "ride"

Chapter Ten: Ride by Lana Del Ray.

_____________________________

LUCIFER                                            10:28PM

I can't stop thinking about you.

LUCIFER                                            11:46PM

You should come over so I can finally get you out of my head.

 stared at my phone and felt a smile creep across my lips. I had just gotten home from Willows'; she had basically kicked me out so Ashton could come over. My phone had tragically died but Luke kept texting despite that, and for some reason these texts made my stomach flip.

It had been three days since Michael caught Luke and I for the second time. He had seemed far too invested in Luke and I, so I decided to call him our own personal cock-block. I glanced back down to my phone fondly. It was nearly midnight now so the chances of going to Luke were non-existent.

LUCIFER                                            12:02AM

Indiana, fuck. Please. Aren't your parents away or something?

FROM INDIANA:                                12:04AM

Mum is still here :( Feel free to walk and climb to the second story though.

I threw my phone onto the bed, unable to take it with me as it was charging. I walked down stairs absently, planning on getting some popcorn because my thrilling Saturday night revolved around food.

When my mind is on food I'm pretty dead to the world about everything else. I found the popcorn packet and chucked it into the microwave only to jump when I heard a loud bang from the television.

"Hey Indie," someone called from the couch. I turned slightly and realised Mum was still up, but it was Xavier whom called my name.

"Xav!" I cheered happily, throwing myself onto the couch. "What are you doing home?" I asked, considering he usually had the night shifts.

"Got the night off." Xavier kicked his feet onto the coffee table, ignoring my mum's scold. "There aren't any raging parties unlike a few weeks ago."

His amused expression was directed at me but I chose to ignore the underlying message and just hum along like a good little sister. We sat there, the three of us, for about ten minutes. In all honesty I had seen the movie they were watching and I just wanted my popcorn so when popcorn went off so I skipped back into the kitchen and began munching on it.

"I'm going upstairs." I declared. "Night." I blew my family some kisses before walking back up stairs.