seven ➝ "ghost"

Chapter Seven: Ghost by Ella Henderson.

Picture: Xavier Anna

___________________________________

It was completely silent for seven minutes and thirty-six seconds but then Luke walked over to the corner of his room and picked up the guitar. Three songs later and the previous drama outside had been completely forgotten. It was easy with Luke, pretending like the Claire and Austin drama hadn't happened. There was an aura surrounding us and it was almost like we were in a protective bubble.

To an extent the drama outside of this room held no effect on us. I wanted to stay in this room forever, just playing around with Luke but eventually we'd have to face Claire again. Luke nudged my foot with a small smile; it was sheepish and almost shy. I grinned but looked down at my hands.

"Do you know how to play the guitar?" Luke asked after a few more songs.

We were currently sitting on his bed. I was leaning against the wall whilst Luke was in front of me with his legs crossed and a brown guitar in his lap. I stretched my legs out lazily and shrugged half-heartedly.

"I can play a couple of songs." I paused. "I'm not as skilled as you though."

"Was that a compliment?" Luke asked, his lips twisting up into a smile. I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at his head before grabbing the guitar.

I cleared my throat mockingly as if I were about to sing like Taylor Swift or something. Obviously, due to my previous performance of Teenage Dirtbag, Luke knew my singing skills didn't resemble anything close to amazing T-Swizzle.

"Now I'd like to dedicate this song to Lucifer," I teased, my lips pulling back into a smile as Luke lit before he glared at me suspiciously.

"A compliment and a dedication? Alright, what do I need to apologise about?" Luke demanded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hey, don't get too excited. I might have sung the Hell Song and dedicated it to you." I stuck my tongue out in an immature manner.

"Sum 41 is an awesome band and besides I love that song." Luke grinned wickedly. "I'd take that as a compliment."

"Shut up." I refrained from smiling. "Okay, I'm going to start the song now."

I started strumming the guitar softly; nervous to sing in front of Luke again because last time it had all been a joke but right now it was almost intimate.

"I keep going to the river to pray cause I need, something that can wash all the pain." I sung carefully, the strumming of the guitar echoing throughout the room. "And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away. But your ghost, the ghost of you, it keeps me awake."

I stopped strumming the guitar and just squirmed awkwardly on the bed before finally meeting Luke's eyes. He was staring at me with this... this look of adoration and it was so intense I blushed heavily.