eight ➝ "shake it off"

This is song is my favourite and if you hate than leave pls.

Chapter Eight: Shake it Off by Taylor Swift.

_____________________________________________

Michael had left moments after he dropped the bombshell that the cops had arrived. Considering the amount of people at this party I couldn't say I was surprised but it wasn't like we had been overly loud or anything.

Luke sighed quietly before standing up and stretching. He didn't look nervous about talking to the cops so something in me began to wonder if this was the first time he's dealt with them. I went to stand too but Luke shook his head and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"You've been drinking," he reminded me.

"So?" I snorted. "Everyone at this bloody party has been drinking."

Luke looked at me for a moment. "Everyone at this bloody party might get arrested for underage drinking than." He paused before kissing my forehead. "I'd rather you not be one of them. Just wait here, okay?"

"Luke," I said his first name seriously, "I don't care. I'm not making you face the fucking police on your own."

"I'm legal." He argued. "You're not."

"I have connections." I waved my hand dismissively.

I didn't let him argue with me any further because the look on his face said he would. Instead I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of this room. I twisted my head slightly and made a face because I really didn't want to leave that room and face the party full of people—let alone the cops.

"Should I be worried that you have connections in the law enforcement?" Luke asked, scrunching up his nose.

"Would you rather me have connections with drug dealers and criminals?" I replied with faux cheeriness.

He let out a small laugh as we both walked over to the foyer. The front door was already open, and there were only a selected few hovering. Michael, Calum, Ashton, Willow and Lystander seemed to be the only ones with enough balls to face the police.

Or maybe they were just the only legal ones, and therefore everyone else whom were currently hiding in the living room were just smarter than little 17-year old me.

Willow immediately looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. She mouthed something that seemed along the lines of 'get the fuck out of here'. I rolled my eyes at her concern. It wasn't like I was a stumbling drunk or anything—besides, I honestly wasn't lying about those connections.

"Are you the owner of this house, sir?" A female officer asked as we arrived at the door.

I peeked over her shoulder, wondering if her partner was someone I would know but I couldn't see him because he was getting something from the car. I bit my lip worriedly, hoping I could help out Luke.