three ➝ "girls"

Chapter Three: "Girls" by the 1975. 

Picture: Lystander Whitmore.

_____________________________

"I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!" I sung loudly, once I had regained the ability to speak, sing or even look in the direction of Luke Hemmings.

Ashton and Calum were cheering the loudest, probably hoping to see me beat Luke—unfortunately I didn't see that happening. All the girls around us were squealing with delight as Luke cupped the microphone. He shot me a wicked smile before nailing a high note. I pouted a little, not use to loosing.

I switched over to plan B. Distract Luke into stuffing up. I slowly bit down, allowing my teeth to graze over my lower lip as I walked closer to Luke. I knew this song by heart, so my attention had immediately switched from the television to Luke.

"I have tickets to Iron Maiden, baby. Come with me Friday, don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirtbag like," I paused for a moment and ran my finger down Luke's chest, "yooooooouuuuuuuu."

"Oh fucking damn!" I heard someone yell out, as Luke faltered, his singing stopping for a split second as he looked down at me.

His eyes sparked with a spur of danger, and it had me leaning in. The song wrapped up to an end, without either one of us moving, and the cheers we were getting had me wondering if people liked the singing or the show.

"Despite that little trick in the end, I'd have to say I won." Luke cleared his throat, and I sighed before throwing my arms up. I couldn't exactly argue with his logic, considering I sounded like Rebecca Black on a good day. 

"Alright, what do you want?" I asked bluntly, wanting to get to the point. If he asked me to kiss him I would—I mean, I'd expect something like that but I was sort of hoping Luke wouldn't be that way.

Luke shot me a smirk. "I get you."

"That really isn't giving me much information." I explained, handing my microphone to some red head in the crowd. She let out an eager squeal and raced up to the make-shift stage.

Luke placed his hand on my waist to steady me as I jumped down from the stage. I twisted around in his arms expectantly.

"Don't look at me like that, Indiana." He chuckled with amusement—probably because he still got to call me that. "I get you all night and there is no definition or exact purpose behind it. Go with it, love."

I let out a disgruntle moan. "Fine. I'll succumb to your basic whims tonight, Lucifer."

"God, I love it when you talk dirty." Luke groaned, his lips far to close to my ears. "Say my name again, baby."

I hit him on the chest as a warning, because he was being a tease and we both knew it. His amused laughter that followed only confirmed it. We began to walk through the crowd again. Luke was keeping an eye out for someone, and I could only hope it was his friends and not Willow.