Something is wrong

Jade’s POV

So, my phone buzzes at 6:30 and I wake up to Taylor. He is calling, at this time something must obviously be wrong.

I answer the phone, “Hello.”

I hear some sniffs and then a clearing of the throat. “Hey, erm I just rang you because I didn’t know who else to call and now it seems stupid because it is half past six in the morning but I don’t know, I needed to speak to you.”

“What’s wrong?” I ask, I have never ever seen him cry and I am worried to find out what he is going to tell me. 

“My Mum,” he breathes in deeply and his voice breaks as he reaches the end of the statement. I give him a minute and just listen silently on the phone, I can hear his deep breathing, a sudden burst of nervousness comes over me as I wait to find out what is wrong.

“She… she was walking home and I was meant to meet her yesterday but I had to go to a last minute revision session so she went home in a car rather than walking.” He sobs. “Some drunk driver had passes out on the wheel and his foot was fully on the pedal”…. “My Mum was in the middle of traffic lights…. She had nowhere to go.” He sobs again. “He rammed fully into her car, face on…. She is in a coma and critical…. They say she will be lucky to make it through the night.”

I start to sob. Taylor’s Dad left when he was young so he only has his Mum. As I sob, I pull the phone away from my face – Taylor shouldn’t have to listen to my sobbing, as I stop crying and breathe I hear Taylor clear his throat on the phone. “Taylor, where are you?”

“They told me to go home and get some sleep but I couldn’t, I … I’m outside your house parked up because I wanted to come in but rang you instead.” I start to sob again. Okay, get it together Jade. Putting the phone back to my ear, I say, “I will come downstairs and let you in now. Okay?” I hear something like an agreement on the other end of the call.

I walk downstairs quietly and open the door, sure to not wake up any of my family. My eyes immediately find a messy haired, wide and red eyed Taylor. His Jacket sleeves are creased from holding the bottom of them in his clenched hand. I take his hand and pull him inside the house as I shut the door, I take him into the living room and sit him down, I sit next to him and as I pull my arms around his neck, he puts his around my waist and he starts to sob quietly. We sit there for a while when I pull away to look at him the tears are gone. “Okay, let’s make us a drink in two flask mugs, I will get some cereal bars and we will go back to the hospital, okay?”

He nods, probably not willing himself to speak due to his voice breaking.

Once I made the drink and had the cereal bars, I grabbed my bag with everything I needed for the day already in it (keys, phone, headphones, purse) I turned to face Taylor. “You will get through this, whatever happens.” He nods, again as I see his eyes fill with tears.

I grab his hand and take him to my car after leaving a note' for my family and texting Alicia and my Dad (my Mum doesn’t have a phone). The drive to the hospital is silent – as I thought and Taylor looks out of the window whilst he thinks, probably thinking about different scenarios of what may happen.

Megan Eloise’s POV

As we board the plane to New York, I start to feel dizzy and frown as my head spins. I turn to my left of the corridor leading to the plane to see Calum looking concernedly at me. “Are you okay?”

“Yes I’m fine,” I lie as he looks at me suspiciously.

Once we get to our seats, I visibly relax as the weight is taken off my feet but as more people come on board, I feel sick.” I run to the plane toilet.