Movie Night

Waking up, I can’t believe it is half way through the week already. Taylor came in this morning and had breakfast with me, Alicia and Dylan. Dylan has been spending even more time with Alicia than usual this week. Honestly, he is so nice to her.

As usual, me and Taylor walk into the common room. This morning, Megan is here first with Michael. “Hey, guys!” I say.

“Hey,” Megan laughs. Michael nods at me.

“How are you, Megan?” I smile at her.

“I am good. I found out I got A star in Geography.”

“Oh my Goodness, that is awesome!”

“Well done,” I say.

“So, how are you and Michael?” I say when Michael goes to get some coffee from the school canteen.

“We are good.” She grins. “I really like him, Jade.”

“You guys are made for each other, honestly. He likes you too. You do realise he keeps looking over here and smiling.” She nods.

“He is so cute and caring and amazing.” She emphasises the last word. I laugh.

“Do you and Michael want to come over my house tonight, I’ll ask the others as well.”

“Yes sure, movie party!”

“Awesome!”

So that is why at the end of the school day, I find myself preparing six bowls of popcorn and 13 glasses of coke. The first one to arrive is Taylor who helps me prepare everything and throws popcorn at me at which I threw Coke back, which resulted in his shirt having a Coke stain on it. Much to my dismay, he didn’t take his shirt off; he did the gentlemanly thing to do and went home to change. He was back with a shirt on within five minutes. Dylan and Alicia came shortly after then everyone else apart from Megan and Calum who came in fashionably late.

I wonder what they were doing.

“Hey guys.”

“Hey.”

“So what took you so long?”

Megan Eloise smiles. “I am now going to Luke’s party with Calum.”

“Oh My God! That is awesome!” I hug Megan.

“He is also taking me out on a date tomorrow!” She gushes. Her face is spot free and her make up perfect as usual.

“Oh My Goodness, go sit with him then!” She laughs at me. For the second time this week, someone doesn’t mind the lack of chairs, as when I bring my collection of scary movies/ semi scary movies in to the Living Room I notice Megan is sitting on Calum’s knee. I laugh.

“So … the movie choices are … Mama, Hostel, Saw, The Ring Two or Resident Evil.” I say dramatically.

I asked everyone what they wanted on and most settled for Hostel.

I went to put in the DVD for the third time this week. As I did, I overheard Calum and Megan from behind me. “Don’t worry I will protect you,” Calum said in a hushed voice, probably whispering in her ear. “You should know by now that I don’t need protecting,” I hear Megan giggle. They are so flirty. They are in a flirty relationship – a flirtationship. About time my smartass friends got together and it looks like they are so close to being official!

“Okay and turn the lights out!” I hear Taylor shout behind me. I couldn’t help laughing. When I turn around, Taylor pats his knee. I laugh but do as he asks anyways – it's not like I mind really.

The film was good as usual. I have watched the film loads of times.  It is a bit gory but still good. Everyone was sitting around, sometimes we chatted during the film, sometimes I went to refill popcorn and coke and throughout the film I leaned on Taylor and held his hand. Alicia hid behind a pillow for some of the film or used Dylan’s arm as a shield. Megan Eloise leaned on Calum whilst watching the whole of the film. I also saw them kiss during the film. Young love! They are so cute. Megan is really pretty, fun, caring and he is fun, good looking and kind. They are a perfect match even though they have some differences. Megan is really loud and Calum is sometimes quiet. They balance each other out. Megan and Michael also watched the entire film sitting on the floor next to each other as there were no seats but they didn’t mind as it got to mean that they weren’t sitting on a packed sofa. They also chatted and Michael put his arm around her whilst Megan placed his other hand in hers.

After the film stopped it was Ten, Megan and Calum decided to leave then. At least they are now starting to do more things together. Everybody else went soon after until it was just me, Taylor, Dylan and Alicia. Dylan had to go home because he has to be in before midnight (due to a curfew set by his Mum) and Alicia went asleep, so me and Taylor watched Resident Evil and at quarter to twelve he left.

At twelve I got a phone call. Sometimes I do get tired of my Terminator ringtone, “Hello.” I spoke into the phone, almost yelling.

“Erm, Hi.”

“Oh, Hi Megan,” I say in a calmer voice - her voice is always so obvious on the phone.

“He asked me out.”

“What?”

“I am Calum’s Girlfriend!” She says excitedly but in a duh tone.

“When?”

“When he dropped me off at my house.” She giggles.

“He kissed me and said he has liked me for ages,” she cheers. “He said that he didn’t want to ask before in case I said no but because he knows I like him now he asked me.”

“I did see you kiss when we were watching Hostel tonight.”

“I thought nobody would see.”

I laugh.

“I am so excited, Jade.”

“I know, believe me”… “You keep squealing/ cheering down the phone, it is sort of deafening me.”

“Sorry, spoil sport” … “I will speak to you tomorrow.” She says.

“Calum is calling you isn’t he?”

“Maybe.” She says dragging the word out.

“Okay, bye.”

I wait for her to say bye and put the phone down. I don’t know what it is but I can never put the phone down on anyone, it makes me feel bad. That is weird, isn’t it?

Leaving my thoughts I slump back on the bed and drift off to sleep, not even getting changed because I just am too tired. It is 12:15

What a great day.

I also feel like this is a rubbish chapter. If you think so, let me know what to change and I will change it, sorry it is short this was originally meant to be with the chapter before but I thought it would be better if I split them up. Please vote, comment, follow : ) Thank you guys for reading. I really do appreciate it.