That red dress

So after we decided that Luke having a party for his birthday would not only be fun, but also get Calum to ask Megan to go with him, we decided to talk about G.T.A (Grand Theft Auto) or rather the boys did. So here I am wandering the halls until the bell goes for English. I do Maths, English Lit and German at A - Level. Just four more minutes until English (where I sit next to Luke). Walking down the English corridor, I hear someone shout my name behind me.

"Jade, Jade wait!"

I stop and turn around just in time to see a rather tired Luke running towards me with his blue bag flailing behind him, his hair still in a perfectly styled quiff however.

"Before English I just wanted to talk to you."

"Did you? What after the important G.T.A talk with Taylor?" I asked smiling.

"Yes, actually. G.T.A is important, we also talked cars. I like ... "

"Anyway," I cut in again, smiling at my serious but somehow never serious friend.

"Okay, okay." He looks at me seriously. "So ... me, you and Taylor have planned how we are going to get Megan and Calum together. Megan and Michael are now going out by Megan (the quietest of all of us) asking Michael out. Ashton is going to ask Lauren out." I grin, finally! "Oh. But don't tell her, he is going to make it all romantic, don't spoil it." He pokes me childishly as he says this. I nod. "Anyway adding to the list of people who are going out: you (on your own) got me and Natasha together, which I give many thanks for by the way. What about you?"

"What about me?" I ask - not wanting to have a lecture (in the middle of the English corridor - might I add).

"You help other people but you don't want to ask out Taylor." He looks at me, his blue eyes pleading for me to say that I will ask him.

"He won't want to go..."

"Don't even say that, he has told me that he likes you. Okay, get some self - confidence and ask him. Before you say anything, I spoke to Megan and she said that you think the other girls are better than you. Do you?" I look away, answering his question. "You shouldn't, you are one of the nicest girls I know and before you say anything, yes you are pretty! Do NOT believe that you are not! Obviously, I like Natasha, may even love her and you are like the annoying sister I never asked for but it had to be said. You are pretty! Natasha won't mind anyway, she wanted me to have this talk with you."

"What about Taylor asking me out, wouldn't he ask me, if he likes me?"

"He has no self - confidence either, you know that. He thinks you'd say no. I just had the same conversation with him as I have with you."

I laugh, so that is why he started talking about G.T.A - because he knew I would leave.

"Okay, so let's get to English." I say.

"You going to ask him?"

I shake my head, "I will think about it."

He looks at me as we walk down the corridor to our English room.

We stop outside the door.

"At least that is something." He smiles.

I laugh, "That is exactly what he said isn't it?" He can't hold the laughing anymore.

"Yes, it was." He says in between laughing.

When he stops laughing, he looks at me. "Did we have any homework?"

"Yes."

"Damn it!"

"I am kidding." Now it is my turn to laugh. I couldn't help that - he is so gullible!