Part Four

Nathan awoke in a room, the wall, floor and ceiling were all made out of metal, a dim light flickered from above, projecting a red atmosphere in the room. Even though he hadn’t seen this room before in his life, he could guarantee that he was somewhere on the Quicksilver, the name given to the human Militia’s Mother ship. It was the ship where all the high ranking officers were and the living quarters for all soldiers who were not posted on Earth. It also held hundreds of small fighter ships that were used to destroy incoming shuttles of Vector to Earth and to destroy any fighter ships the Vector had. The mother ship itself had lots of weapons at its disposal and could destroy pretty much anything. Except the Armageddon. The shields surrounding the Armageddon were impenetrable and nothing seemed to destroy them.

The two mother ship’s floated close enough to each other that they could easily start firing on each other. Nevertheless both ships didn’t fire on each other as they knew that if one fired, the other would retaliate and both ships would be destroyed or at least heavily damaged with lots of deaths on both sides. It was a stalemate.

They floated above the Earth and from the Earth you could clearly see these two behemoth’s of ships looming over the Earth. Nathan thought he had explored every part of this ship, but he was wrong. Since he could never forget, he assumed this was a secret room.  

Nathan tried to move but he was unable to, he looked down to find that he was strapped to a metal chair that was no doubt nailed into the ground. Metal cuffs clamped his wrists and this was the same case with his legs, he could feel the metal grasping his calf’s. The cuffs were connected to the chair somehow so there was no chance of escape. Nathan soon realised what this room must be, it was an interrogation room.

He looked down and noticed black burn marks on the metal floor around the chair. He once got told by one of his friends Dave Short who worked as a guarding soldier on the Quicksilver. Dave had told him of once capturing a Vector soldier alive and bringing him down to an interrogation room, presumably this one. Dave had said that the Vector spontaneously combusted before his eyes, he believed that it was a tactic used to prevent any information the Vector had slip out.

Nathan was baffled at how this could happen since he assumed that the Vector couldn’t even speak, let alone reveal top secret information. On the other hand he had never left a Vector alive long enough to find out whether it could speak. Nathan was still contemplating about Vector speaking before he heard doors open behind him.

He tried to twist his neck around to see who it was but he was unable to. They walked until they were facing him. It was General Collins and his personal guard dog Vincent McLean. Nathan had always hated Vincent; he was a vicious man who would get into a brawl with just about anyone. He used to be an Elite soldier before injuring his leg on a mission; he then became the bodyguard for General Collins. However he had lost none of his aggressive threats and comments and he was still as hot headed and dangerous as ever.

General Collins waited a moment, as if seeming to be examining Nathan before he spoke. “Are you ready to talk about this yet Walker?” He asked sounding smug and arrogant that he had Nathan just where he wanted him.

“You son of a bitch! What did you do to me?” Nathan demanded infuriated that he was being kept prisoner.

“Don’t worry; it was just a harmless sleeping drug, that’s all. And the chair? It’s just until you calm down, it’s for your own good Walker.”

“You can’t keep me here!”

“I will release you when you are ready to talk, until then you will remain here. Do I make myself clear?” Nathan erupted into a fit of rage, trying to attack Collins but unable to move from the restraints. He was still flailing as much as he could when a fist connected with his left cheek that left him lifeless. Vincent had blood on his knuckles from where he just struck Nathan. Nathan spat out blood that had formed in his mouth at Vincent, the blood sprayed Vincent, covering him with a number of dark red spots on his uniform. Vincent lunged in for another punch at Nathan and hit him so hard that Nathan thought that his head would fly off. Vincent wasn’t finished though, he struck again at Nathan’s stomach and again and again. Vincent was having great pleasure in beating Nathan. Finally Collins spoke up, just in time; Nathan felt like he was going to die. “Enough!” He yelled at Vincent and made him refrain from striking Nathan again.

Collins stared at Nathan and Nathan returned his gaze, he wasn’t giving up without a fight. Collins sighed his seemingly trademark frustrated sigh before leaving the room accompanied by Vincent. Nathan didn’t know what to think, had he won? No. Collins was no pushover; he would be back again and again until Nathan gave in. He had taken and immense beating and was dizzy and bleeding from his face. Around four hours passed although Nathan wasn’t sure exactly how long, the bleeding had stopped and he felt better. He started to wonder whether Collins was coming back, maybe they would just starve him in this room. He doubted it though, Nathan knew he was important otherwise he wouldn’t be here; it was only a matter of time.

Eventually he fell asleep and remained asleep for a number of hours before he heard the doors behind him open. He heard footsteps and was greeted with the familiar faces of Collins and Vincent. Neither of them spoke, they just watched Nathan, Nathan noticed that General Collins had an electronic remote control in his hand and he pressed a button before a screen appeared in front of Nathan, it was switched on and a video started playing. “What is this?” Nathan demanded impatiently

“This is a video that was sent with kind regards from the Vector.” Collins spoke in a sinister fashion. Nathan saw what he was looking at, he knew the location, it was on the Armageddon. Then he saw himself, his brother Steven and the rest of his infiltration squad walk by. Collins spoke again “This is a video of your brother’s death”