Chapter 34: Choosing a Wedding Song is a Good Time for a Nap.

What's up readers?

Yes, I know, I haven't updated this story in almost a year. But I went and saw Frank Iero and the Celebration play last night and I got inspired. I hope y'all enjoy. 

|NecromaniacKat|

Chapter 34: Choosing a Wedding Song is a Good Time for a Nap.

"I can't believe you guys chose to get married on Frank's birthday." Rae sang from the other end of the phone call in disbelief. I couldn't believe it either, not that Frank and I decided to get married on Halloween/Frank's twenty-fifth birthday, but because we're getting married in twenty-nine days.

I smiled as I changed Ariana's diaper, the small hazel eyed girl lie down on her back with her pink elephant stuffed toy in her clutches and a pacifier in her mouth. She was lying on her back staring googly eyed at whatever caught her attention. Frank was in the living room with Riley, playing with the soft building blocks. I could hear Riley squeal with joy and Frank giggle in response.

"Yeah, I know. It's unreal. I'm still in shock,"

"You're still in shock that I was right the entire time you thought he'd never want to see you again?" Rae cheekily commented, munching on something. She was probably hungry so she's having an afternoon snack. I laughed and shook my head, zipping up Ariana's night sleeper from the left leg to her throat before plucking the ever growing girl from the changing table.

"What's that, Eliese? Awe, shucks, there's no need to thank me for pushing you to call him." Rae babbled happily about when she pushed me to call Frank that day after School. Without her practically threatening to batter me to a pulp if I didn't call, Frank and I wouldn't have gone on that date and I wouldn't have everything I have now, who knows where I'd be if it weren't for my best friend. I will always thank Rae for doing that for me. She pushed me towards Frank and he saved my life. My inner spiritualist is telling me that everything was a domino effect, really. Every choice I made leading up to that night has saved my life. I had to drown in order to learn how to swim.

"Yes, thank you, my dearest, for taking those tickets that night and making us late because you just had to look red carpet ready." I know I sounded sarcastic but I really am grateful for Rae and her need to look like a ten every second of the day ways.

"I can't believe we actually brought a drunken man back to the house. That was stupidly reckless." Rae was right. It was stupidly reckless but it was also the right thing to do. It's been a wild twenty months. It's been stupidly reckless, it's been fantastic and jam packed full of overwhelming emotions that I can't even fathom.

As a teenager I used to write fan fictions about bands. I'd write these cliché pieces of shit about a teenage girl and the band guy meeting unexpectedly and falling in love, and having babies and getting married. Y'know, happily ever after. I'd never thought I'd be living a real life fan fiction. I didn't expect to be that female main character in the fan fiction whom falls in love with the band guy. It's the most mind boggling feeling in the world but it's also the best.

"It was. But I'm glad we did it." I smiled cheerfully and carried Ariana into the living room where Frank was entertaining her brother by rolling a bright green ball back and forth to hold the child's attention and help him practise his motor skills. I set Ariana down beside Riley and sat down on the couch beside Frank. Side-by-side-by-side, Frank and the twins almost look identical. Both, Ariana and Riley have Frank's nose and lips, they both have his hair colour, and they both have his eyes. They have perfect matches of Frank's diamond hazel eyes, that seem to have specs and stars that seem to go on forever and ever; creating universes out of simple colours.

"Rae, I'm gonna have to let you go. Frank and I need to decide on a wedding song." I told my best friend. As much as I love talking to Rae, this needed to be done. Frank and I have been bouncing ideas back and forth between each other since we started planning the wedding but there doesn't seem to be a song that can reach that level of emotion and what Frank and I want to say to each other.

"Jesus, you still don't have a wedding song!" Rae laughed hardily. I hummed and pursed my lips tightly.

"Yeah, I know but it needs to be perfect so,"

"Understandable. It is after all, yours and Frank's wedding, so the song needs to fit it perfectly. Alright sailor, fair winds and good luck on your hunt for the treasure." Rae wished the pair of us good luck before hanging up. I hung up as well and tossed the phone onto the empty couch space by my side, pulling my laptop onto the flat surface of the arm of the couch that served greatly as a desk in times like these. Frank happily made the twins rowdy and played with them while I searched for songs, playing them for both Frank and I to listen and judge. We both spit-balled songs between each other until the twins were tuckered out, I had a headache and Frank was stressed. Frank lay down on the couch with Riley nestled into his side by the back of the couch and Ariana slept happily on his chest. Frank's head was using my thigh as a pillow without any problem. I scrolled through playlist after playlist, in search of the perfect song for our wedding. I didn't want a cliché love song that could be used in millions of weddings. I wanted something underrated in other words; something that speaks to both of us on a level that not everyone will understand, but Frank and I will understand.

After almost three hours of searching, I finally came to realization that Frank was no longer replying to me, I'm not sure how long he's been silent but he certain stopped talking. I pried my eyes from the screen and looked down at Frank's peaceful face. He had fallen asleep with the twins. Ariana was Riley were tucked into his side. They were barricaded between him and the couch. I almost felt bad for being annoyed. They all looked so peaceful. Frank's been so stressed out lately with the new record and touring, plus the twins and the wedding, and me going on tour. He doesn't want to admit it but it's running his batteries out. But as much as I felt for him, I really did need his help with this.

"Frank." I sang his name in a soft whine that woke him from his sleep. His eyebrows knitted together tightly. Creases embedded deeply at the bridge of his nose and a small scowl moulded his mouth. It took him a moment to open his eyes, they looked tired and groggy. I'm a horrible human being.

"You're supposed to be helping me find a wedding song, not napping with the twins." I laughed down at him. Frank smiled weakly and nodded in agreement, licking his dry lips.

"But Bonnie, choosing a wedding song is the perfect time for a nap." Frank said, referring to me as Bonnie just like I sometimes refer to him as Clyde. We have warped senses of humor and romance. It's very strange but it's us. I'd usually laugh along with his snide comment but I really did need his help. This isn't something I can choose all by my itty bitty self. I don't want to be that bride who does everything, making all of the decisions and shit. I want Frank's opinion on this just as much as I want mine.

"I need your help with this. You need to stay awake. Now think of a song." I sternly scolded him with a hard voice. Frank's eyes were wide as he looked up at me; the hazel orbs were deep in thought. He smacked his lips tightly and sighed, jerking his eyebrows upwards.

"How 'bout Faithfully Yours by Journey?" Frank offered honestly. I distorted my facial features and shook my head in disagreement.

"That song is so overused, it's ridiculous. And besides, it doesn't exactly go with the theme of the wedding." Yes, I was picky. Shut up.

I watched as the wheels in his head started turning. You could see the thought pop into his head; it was just the way his eyes were. I can't explain it. His eyebrows twitched together slightly then he looked me dead in the eye.

"Why don't we write our own wedding song?" How did I get so lucky? He was a genius! I'm not lying either. That's actually a brilliant idea and believe me, I love it.

"I. Okay. Let's write our own wedding song." I tried to string the words together but I just couldn't put my excitement into words. I know that we'll be able to do this. I mean, I'm a writer and Frank's a musician. We can do this.

jI S