Chapter 12: Familgia.

Eliese

I called Rae and Frank the next day to tell them about Jen. Frank insisted he come over to my place, but I told him it wasn't necessary. Rae, on the other hand, invited herself over, it's okay with me. She's part of the family. Jen came home from the hospital, she wasn't in perfect health, but she was doing pretty well. Jen and I did not attend school this week with all that has been going on. But the last two School weeks I’ve had to go to School. Rae was an amazing friend and helped me get back on track with School work. A lot of the time I’d spend my after School time with Frank. I’d help him tune his guitars or clean them or we’d just sit in and watch a movie. We both have a horror fetish. These last three weeks have been eventful.

Me, my mother, my gran, my brother Nick, Jen and Rae all gathered in the living room of the apartment. My gran, Ella, is doing well. She lives outside of Brooklyn and has been running her own floral shop since my grandfather, Gregory, passed away. He past when I was young. So unfortunately, we have been without him for a long time. I miss him deeply; he got me into writing at a young age. We would sit in his office and he would read to me. That's something I will never forget.

Nick has also been doing great; he has a steady girlfriend while he's going to college. Her name’s Veronica and they share an apartment in New York City. I'm in a cheerful mood to see both him, and my gran.

We sat in the living room, catching up and talking like no tomorrow. None of us could keep our mouths shut; there was so much to share.

"Oh, and Lies has a new boyfriend." Jen brought up out of nowhere with a sly grin, looking my way. I told Jen all about Frank when she had gotten home, she was very happy for me, which was sweet to know. I looked at her with pleading eyes, not wanting her to spit out anymore words. Why did she have to drop the Frank bomb right now?

"Is that right?" My gran sounded interested. Nick's eyebrows were raised curiously. He was about to go big brother on me.

"His name's Frank; and he's great. I'm very happy with him." I kept my response simple. Nick nodded his head slowly while my gran kept a grin on her face. They want more information on our relationship. Jesus Christ.

"He crashed into me outside of a club..." I started, not wanting to tell them the whole story in detail, mainly because my mom doesn't know that Rae and I dragged him back here while he was drunk. "-And he asked me out, I went on the date and it had gone well." I finished calmly. I was silently hoping no one would ask me how old he is. But Nick caught it. His eye brow twitched upwards.

“He was in a club? Exactly how old is he?” Nick asked nosily. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I didn’t want to tell them that Frank is almost eight years older than me.

“Is he like, twenty-one?” Nick added to his question. I shook my head and pointed upwards, suggesting that he’s a teency weency bit older than that.

“Twenty-two?” No, keep going.

“Twenty-three?” I shook my head. Nick’s eyes grew larger as his jaw fell down slightly.

“Twenty-four?” I nodded at his final answer. "-Very good, Eliese. I'm glad you've found someone." Nick said kindly. His black hair was styled slickly; his big blue eyes could melt any girl’s heart. In high school, he was a total stud. He received the title as prom king and got the grades. Even though he was Mr. Popular in school and was liked by almost every one, non like me, we still have the same personality. We get along very well. And it made me surprised when he was completely cool with the fact that I’m dating someone almost eight years older than me.