Chapter 17: The Girl with the Broken Smile.

Frank

I almost dropped my coffee when I saw her standing there. We haven't seen each other in months. Her dark hair fell to her shoulders and her stomach was... big. My child is growing in there. It took everything I had, and the guys' help, not to contact her. I've been a fucking mess since she left. My life has taken a turn for the worst. I'm depressed, angry and antsy all of the time. I started drinking heavily, along with Gerard. We've both been pretty messed up. Gerard and Rae broke up, leaving him with same feelings I’ve been feeling. We were hopelessly in love and it destroyed us when the person we were in love with walked away. We have been spiraling out of control.

"Eliese," I managed to choke out. Gerard stood stiffly at my side. We both slowly walked up to Rae and Eliese. It was almost like they were nailed to the floor, dumbfounded expressions on their faces. I didn't even know what to conjure up to say.

"How have you..." I sniffled at how awkward the situation was. "-How have you been?" She stood there for a second, looking me in the eyes. Her once brightly lit diamond golden eyes were dulled and weary. She didn’t look well.

"Fine." She piped up with a high pitched voice. I nodded, calming myself down.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I questioned her with a smooth tone. She straightened up and looked at me with a blank expression.

"I can get it myself, thank you." She spoke, walking to the counter. I gently grabbed her arm as she walked past me. We shared an intense stare as my fingers laced around her upper arm gently.

"Can we talk?" I sounded desperate. She must've noticed, because her expression went softer, nicer. She paused and stared at me.

"Yeah." She whispered and nodded her head, then peeled away to order her coffee. I looked at Gerard, who looked like he saw a ghost, or is currently staring at one I should say. He glimpsed my way with a weak expression, and then shot his gaze to Rae, who looked timid. I walked away from them, sitting down at a small table with my hot coffee, waiting for Eliese to get her order.

Rae walked closer to Gerard; they started talking to each other quietly. Rae went for the counter to order, leaving Gerard, who took a seat at a table on the other side of the café. It looks like they've got some serious talking to do as well.

Eliese made her way to me gracefully, her tea in her hands. She took a seat across from me. She looked just as beautiful since the last time I saw her. Her signature piercings displayed themselves on her face flawlessly. Her pale skin and pink lips remained perfect. She is perfect.

"So." She said tranquilly, looking dignified. I ran my fingers through my scruffy hair, realizing how shitty I must look. Overall, Gerard and I both look like hell. We haven't cared about our appearance at all lately. We just don't care anymore, considering how we're feeling.

"Why did you leave me?" I came out and asked right away. I meant to approach this situation with caution, but the question slipped. I want to hear from her loud and clear why she did what she did. She shifted in her seat, avoiding my gaze. I looked over at Gerard, who now sat across from Rae as they talked to each other, both of them grasping coffees. I hope their conversation is going better than me and Eliese's. She kept quiet, sitting in her seat.

"Eliese, just say the words one more time, say you don't love me and I will be out of your life for good. I just..." I trailed off, sounding pathetic. I was pathetic, I was just one pathetic mess, for her.

"Frank." She looked me in the eyes, I looked into hers, those hazel eyes I fell for the day I met her. "–I still love you." Her words put light and hope inside of me, something I haven't felt in a while. Hearing her say 'I love you' to me is the best thing to hear in my world.