Ch.4

(HARRY'S POV)

I slowly pushed my key into the door handle, not wanting to wake Louis up. I hadn't realized how long I had been out with Emma- the day seemed to go by so quickly. I opened the front door to my and Louis' flat, and much to my surprise, all of the lights were on.

I walked in and spotted Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Niall draped across the couches in our TV room. 

"Where were you all day?", Liam asked with a slight smile.

I shifted my weight to my other foot. "With Emma… the girl from the hospital…"

"I thought you said you were only going to stay for a few minutes?", Louis said with a huge smirk.

I shrugged, trying to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately for me, no one else wanted to change the subject. 

"Somebody's got a crush!", Louis said as him and the others started prancing around the room.

I shook my head and started for my bedroom. 

Once I was in bed, I shut my eyes, letting myself think about everything that was going through my mind.

Did I have a crush on Emma? 

I mean, I had known her for one day, but still, I couldn't get her out of my head. 

There was something special about her, and I intended on finding out what it was.

**

From the moment I opened my eyes the next morning, I only had one thing on my mind.

Emma.

Before I could even think about what I was doing, I rolled out of bed and started getting ready. I tried to be a quick as I could- I wanted to leave before Louis was awake to taunt me. Once I was fully clothed, I left my bedroom and tiptoed to the front door. Just as I twisted the handle, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"And where do you think you're going?"

I turned around and looked at Louis. I tried to hide the smile that was pulling at my lips- sometimes he acted more like my mother than my best friend. "Erm… out…"

Louis crossed his arms and walked towards me. "I think you are going to see Emma."

I was trapped. I could either lie to my best friend and quite possibly get caught, or be honest and have him make fun of me for the rest of my life.

Before I could answer, Louis put his hand on my shoulder. "Just don't hurt the girl. I'm sure she's going through enough pain already."