Ch.23

(HARRY'S POV) - SIX MONTHS LATER

"Watch where you're going!" I yelled at the driver in the car that almost collided with mine. 

My hands clenched the steering wheel as my eyes flicked to the clock on the dashboard.

I was late.

I hurriedly parked and ran into the flower shop that was only a short distance away from the hospital. A bouquet of blushing pink roses caught my eye, and just as I was about to grab them, a memory sparked in my head. 

It was when I was about to tell Emma that I really liked her, so I decided to make a pitstop and get her some flowers. I picked up the pink roses and went to the register, which was being worked by and old, kind looking man.

"Pink roses? You sure?" he had asked me as I got out my wallet.

I nodded my head, suddenly uncertain about my choice. "Yeah... why?"

The man studied my face. "You are about to confess your adoration to your significant other, correct?"

I felt my cheeks turn the same color as the roses. "How'd you know?"

He chuckled. "I've been in this business for a long time. Pink says friendship, red says something more."

I drifted out of my flashback and wandered around the shop, the scent of floral intoxicating my nostrils. I finally found a perfect bundle of blood-red roses and walked up to the cash register. Much to my surprise, the same old man from so many months ago stood behind it.

He took a long glance at me, but I was sure he didn't remember. It was quite unexpected when he did. "Those for the same girl as before?" 

I nodded my head and gave him a subtle smile. Instead of bagging the flowers, he turned around and walked to the back of the shop, appearing back again moments later with something in his hands. My eyes landed on the beautiful heap of a dozen crimson roses, each petal trimmed with gold. 

"She must be one special lady," he said with a smile as he wrapped up the flowers. "So she only deserves the best."

After thanking the man who had saved my butt for now the second time, I ran back to my car in a hurry to get to Emma.

Once I made it through the hospital doors, I quickly scribbled my name on the sign-in sheet and rushed down the hall. As I made it to her door, I saw a flash of short blonde hair a few meters away.

"Emma!"

She turned around, giving me a smile of relief. I sprinted to her and pulled her in my arms.