Ch.3

**if you were wondering, i imagine emma to look like Elle Fanning or Dakota Fanning :) **

(EMMA'S POV)

There I was, sitting in Harry Styles' car, off to a day of fun. I couldn't believe it, I was in utter shock. I have no idea how this happened, but I am so thankful.

Between the secret glances I stole from him, I thought about the months and months I have been obsessing over my favorite band. They made me so happy, it was indescribable. I remember when I came home from a hard day at school, I would turn on my iPod speakers, jam out to One Direction, and immediately feel better.

The car suddenly came to a halt, pulling me out of my thoughts. Harry was already out of the car and opening my door before I could unbuckle my seat belt. 

"Ready?", he said with a slight smile on his face.

"Yep!"

I got out of the car and started walking side by side with him. He finally stopped at a restaurant and turned towards me. "Want to get breakfast to start the day?"

I nodded my head. "I would love to. I am so sick of the gross hospital food."

He chuckled as he opened the door, letting me walk in first.

Once we were seated across one another, it became a tad awkward. I didn't know what to say, and frankly, neither did he.

I cleared my throat, finally having something to ease the tension. "So, what do you have planned for today?"

He smiled, making me mentally swoon. "You will find out soon enough." He paused before adding, "Tell me about yourself."

I chewed on my lip as I thought where to begin. "Well, My name is Emma Nicole Murphy, I am seventeen years old, as of today. I have a passion for drawing. My favorite band is One Direction- obviously. A few weeks ago, I went to the doctor's for a check-up, and found out that I have cancer."

I looked at the floor, embarrassed that I had to burden Harry with my depressing news. 

Suddenly, I felt a big hand encase mine. I looked up and made eye contact with Harry.

"It's going to be okay.", he said, not breaking our gaze.

I shook my head, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. "No, it's not. I am going to die."

He was about to object, but was interrupted by our waitress. I watched as she kept her eyes glued on Harry, sticking out her chest, and pulling in her gut.

"Hi, I'm Amber. What can I get for you today?", she said directly to Harry.

He looked at me. "Emma, what would you like?"

I bit my lower lip, trying not to laugh when 'Amber' turned around and gave me a dirty look. "I think I'll get the chocolate chip pancakes.", I said, while handing her my menu.