Ch.16

(EMMA'S POV)

"It's beautiful out," I commented while lacing my fingers with Harry's.

"Just like you," he replied with his cheeky smirk. 

It was a week after I had gotten my tattoo, and it was just starting to get nice outside. My doctor suggested that I go on walks for exercise because the radiation had made me pretty frail. Being the person Harry was, he insisted on walking with me at least every other day. It surprised me how hard it was for me to do something so simple- my body was weak from all of my medication and lack of activity. It made me realize how much I had taken for granted, something as easy as walking took quite a bit of effort.

I glanced at Harry, who was looking straight ahead, the wind lightly blowing the curls out of his face. We continued walking in silence for the next few minutes, letting the peacefulness surround us. I gazed at my surroundings, spotting a few ripe flowers and a couple singing birds. I closed my eyes, listening to the beautiful tune, letting the sun warm up my face.

Everything was peaceful until I heard a bunch of fast clicking noises. My eyes snapped open, immediately landing on a paparazzi, who was shamelessly taking all of the pictures he could. Harry instinctively wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest. He understood that I couldn't run- let alone speed walk- so he let the paparazzi get his pictures, until he finally scurried away. 

Harry and I had come across a few of those men before, most of them silently taking pictures, but a few yelled questions at us. I learned to get used to them- if that was what came with dating Harry then so be it. 

Harry's hand left my waist and held my hand again, playfully swinging our arms back and forth as we walked.

"Hey Em?"

I looked over at Harry, noting the calm look on his face. "Yeah?" 

"On your bucket list, what did you mean by 'spend a whole day at the beach'? Have you never been before?"

My heart fluttered when I noticed that he had memorized the paper word for word. "I have been to the beach before, I love it, it's just that I have always wanted to stay there from sunrise to sunset. I have always wanted to sketch it, I think the light reflecting off the water would be so pretty."

Harry nodded, taking it all in. "Then why haven't you?"

"My parents used to take me to the beach every summer," I began, smiling as my childhood memories resurfaced. "They would only go to the beach when the lifeguard was on duty- for my sake, of course- but that was only after the sun rose and before the sun set."

Once I finished explaining it to Harry, I looked over at him. He was smirking to himself, in his own little world. I had seen that face before, I knew he was up to something.

**